bike acellerates by it self lol

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmanmark

Reaction score
need help i went mud riding last teusday and then on thursday the bike just accelerated to full bull and keeped over reving and now wen ever i kick start it to c if its fix its self lol (me to lazy) it just starts and then over revs with out me touching ne thing need help lol thanks

i dont know much about bikes but u might wanna check ur accelerator cable might be to tight

your cable may have frayed and is stuck happned to my mxb or your bars are too far back and is putting strain on the cable is your cable stuck like that or does it do it sometimes??

when you engine is turned off. take your air filter off, and look at the throttle barrel, see if its closed properly, should be just a tiny bit open down the bottom, twist the throttle and see if it opens and shuts properly and smoothly,

if you twist the throttle and it opens but doesnt shut again quickly, you know either you have mud, or the cable is binding somewhere,

the cable could be dry and dirty, spray some lube down the cable from the top, and keep twisting throttle and see if it clears up,

goodluck.

it will constantly do it but some times it stops and as soon as i so much touch the accelerator it goes crazy well i discoverd somthing horrable aswell
i nocked all the mud offthe engin (it was like a coat of sment lol ) and the engin plat was open a litte and all of this mud went in it lool so i opend her up to get it all out and discoverd the little chain in side m engin is snaped badly lol and fell out as soon as i opend it.
i would like to fix it if posable and with out spending much money as all i am gonna do is sell it so i can get the new mso

what do you mean by engine plate?
are you talking about the cam cover (the round cover on the head on the left hand side?
if you are thats your cam/timming chain and if thats snapped you might be in a bit of trobble, you have to pull apart some of the engine to put a new one on an you have to put it on a cirtain way i dont know how to do it but wait for some one else to reply an they might know

as for the throttle it could be what pitmaster said or it could be the throttle cable at the top of the carby it might have popped out causing to rev high just wiggle an pop it back in

Latest posts

Back