Bike Bogging

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bighomedog11

Reaction score
Hey i need some help, I just installed a Mikuni 26mm Carb and i notice that it will bog on Mid throttle. I am wondering why is that? What do i need to adjust? I have adjust the needle c-clip to the 2 from the top. I am trying to figure out is the stock jet fine or do i need to move the c-clip down some? It bogs when i am about mid throttle.

Mikini isn't the best carby but nonetheless it could be your main jet. Might need to be bigger. Does it start and idle ok? Maybe try screwing out the mixture screw a tweak. See how you go

Yah it idles fine just the mid throttle it wants to bogg.. were is the mixture screw at? And what size jet should I get ?

The mixture screw on a mikuni is at the front of the carbie where it bolts to the manifold and it is right down the bottom. It is a real pain to get to with the carbie on.
If you go to DHZ they have the mikuni jet set you will be able to get the pilot and the main jet in 2 different sizes. There will more than likely be the stock jets in there of 15 pilot and 95 main. You could go for 17.5 and 20 pilot and 97.5 and 100 main.
Mid range response generally comes down to the needle setting you could take you slide out and move the clip down 1 or 2 levels and see if that helps before you buy any jets but jets are good to have anyway.

Dom

Alright about how much do you think i need to turn the mixture screw? And i am going to play with the needle settings a little more before i buy the jets.

I was messing around with the Slide Needle Clip and i put the C-clip on the 4th notch the bottom one and it seem to help the bogging at Mid-Throttle..There is no more bogging at mid throttle and it idles real well. I am thinking i might leave it like this after i do a plug read..

I was messing around with the Slide Needle Clip and i put the C-clip on the 4th notch the bottom one and it seem to help the bogging at Mid-Throttle..There is no more bogging at mid throttle and it idles real well. I am thinking i might leave it like this after i do a plug read..

There you go mate. This tells us that you need a larger main jet. If you need it that low you should get a 97.5 or a 100 and see if that helps.
You should be all good now though as we have worked out it was running to lean in the mid section.
As for your mixture screw it should be no less then half turn out and no more then 2 1/2 turns out.

Hope this helps
Dom

There you go mate. This tells us that you need a larger main jet. If you need it that low you should get a 97.5 or a 100 and see if that helps.
You should be all good now though as we have worked out it was running to lean in the mid section.
As for your mixture screw it should be no less then half turn out and no more then 2 1/2 turns out.

Hope this helps
Dom

I am going to take the bowl off too see what size jet I have in there now (stock). So I most likely should get a bigger main jet? And I am trying to figure out were is the mixture screw located at? Do you have a picture of what it looks like so I can know were to look at. Also what does the mixture screw do?

I am going to take the bowl off too see what size jet I have in there now (stock). So I most likely should get a bigger main jet? And I am trying to figure out were is the mixture screw located at? Do you have a picture of what it looks like so I can know were to look at. Also what does the mixture screw do?

Its more than likely a 95 main mate.
The mixture screw is on the bottom of the carbie on the manifold side. You will be able to see it more clearly with the carbie off. The mixture screw on the mikuni 26mm controls the amout of fuel let in.

Its more than likely a 95 main mate.
The mixture screw is on the bottom of the carbie on the manifold side. You will be able to see it more clearly with the carbie off. The mixture screw on the mikuni 26mm controls the amout of fuel let in.
I see what your talking about so if the mixture screw controls that then what does the main jet do? Getting confused.

Timeeh posted this diagram in another thread, It may help you out?

http://www.miniriders.com/chinese-minis/35996-i-cant-go-fullspeed-my-pitty-help.html

effects3.gif

I took the bowl off and it looks like the main jet is a 95 or 65. I think 95 and the pilot looked like a 13 or 16 was hard to make out..

I bought a 107.5 Main jet and a 17.5 Pilot and that seemed to make things run a lot better.

I need some bigger jets. I was did a plug chop today and i notice how light the plug was and it would sometimes bog when i was going WOT and mid throttle.. What next size should i get?

I think i am about 1010 ft above sea level.. I am in Georgia..

Latest posts

Back