bike choices

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marky351

Reaction score
hey thought i might make a quick post as im not really finding what i wanna know, after recently having to need to pass up on a z50 ive been saving again, was intending to save for another z50 till i found one but since some of my mates are starting to ride thumpsters i thought i will buy another one.

Havnt really had too much success with them yet, meaning i keep breaking **** on them from past experience, i love to jump and ride some pretty tight trails hard and fast and always jump at bmx tracks so this time round i need something to stand up to the test. Got sick of bending rims and breaking footpegs always leading to gnarly crashes.

My first thought is to buy an atomik nitrous basically because its cheaper, exactly the same as a pitpro, and can get a 160 fairly cheap, then from purchase some beefy parts (im 6'2 110kg), ie xr4 rear shock, better rims, and try and find some super beefy unbendable footpegs, and some pro tapers.

or do i just go get a dhz 160 dpro for $1250 and know that all the parts on there are quiet good and wont go out on me! i mean the $1200 area is where im comfortable to spend, i dont have alot of cash, i study full time, and the last time i had a thumpy i sold it cause i couldnt afford to keep fixing it..... thus something i want to avoid

If you study full time and want reliability then go for the DHZ They are excelent bikes.

thanks man, thought that might be the case, is there anything other then sticking on some pro tapers that are worth/ should be still swaped anywhere down the line if jumps start to get a bit big on it?

can the rear suspension on it now be adjusted to better suit my weight also?

check http://www.miniriders.com/mini-classifieds/34532-klx110-2005-a.html

cause you can get a jap 2nd hand bike that wont break so easy... also what part of aus are you in? could help with some advice... and as for not breaking much unless you re-enforce all different bits on a china it will bend well most china's will.. im also 6' and 100kg and i would never in a million years trust a Atomik to be jumped... lol.. and i own one..hahahahaha...

motovert 160r is out of the question then i spose just save 100$ a week like i did

hmmm dont know if i wanna slash 2k on a thumpy, the dhz 160 should be fine i reckon handling bmx track jumps and what not.

for anyone who reads and owns a dhz dpro, what are the weak parts of the bike that require some extra bit of welding/ bracing? i think this time round i might modify some big bike footpegs to fit the minibike cause i **ing hate crashing/landing and bending them, i always get the gnarliest gashes in my legs

Last edited:
hmmm dont know if i wanna slash 2k on a thumpy, the dhz 160 should be fine i reckon handling bmx track jumps and what not.

for anyone who reads and owns a dhz dpro, what are the weak parts of the bike that require some extra bit of welding/ bracing? i think this time round i might modify some big bike footpegs to fit the minibike cause i **ing hate crashing/landing and bending them, i always get the gnarliest gashes in my legs

I feel ya with the coin situation i just paid mine off on laybe . their was no way i had 2 g sitting around . just paid it off week by week. i just love that the motovert runs an airbox set like a big.bike .

I feel ya with the coin situation i just paid mine off on laybe . their was no way i had 2 g sitting around . just paid it off week by week. i just love that the motovert runs an airbox set like a big.bike .

does dhz do this do they?

Latest posts

Back