Bike Decision !

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bike Choice

• Pitster pro xjr 50

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Assassin 110 A-4

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Westyftw

Reaction score
Hey i have been wondering which bike to get for a while now so i thought i could get helps from you guys. I have 2 options the Assassin 110 a-4 or the pitsterpro xjr 50 ss. I want a CRF 50 style type of bike. I really just want it for nipper track at the MX track while i am not riding my full size or just using it around the property. I don't have that much room for riding the full size at my property and i enjoy riding minis. I should be able to make a decision pretty soon any type of thoughts or criticism would be appreciated.

Option 1 Pitster pro xjr 50

:PitsterPRO XJR SS 50cc Stocker, E-Start, 4 Speed Semi-Auto

Option 2

:Assassin A-4 110cc Semi Auto (Free Sticker Kit), Assassin Dirt Bikes

Pics

DHZ XJR 50

PITSTER-11.jpg

Assassin 110 A-4

assassin%20a4%20air%20filter%20side.jpg

Which type of bike would you recommend i am trying to stick to a budget of up to $800-1000 including mods but if i waited i could probably get a better bike or mod it but i guess i don't see many 50's for sale around Canberra.

with that budget come up to sydney and ill take you to DHZ at villawood you will find something there

There are bikes around there.

I'd go the pitster out of the two. Wouldn't get many mods. Save and get somthing alittle better. Can Find nice CRF50 stockas with bar kits for around $1200

I reckn bulldog got the right idea, Look into geting older crf50 with bar kit

So you said you live in canberra? westy

Gee the Assasin is a bit of a chopper the forks have lots of rake? The Pitsterpro has no suspension travel at all, Do you plan on doing any jumps? The pitster looks like it would be fine for maybe the weight of a small kid doing jumps but I dont reckon it would even handle a kid doing jumps for long without upgrading the suspension, You may as well get a bigger bike if you have to do that

Im with Carlts, I would also not buy either

I just put some 10" & 12" wheels on an Atomik for my kids, You could put smaller wheels on just about any CRF50 style bike including the DPRO125 DPRO160, That would basically be an upgraded CRF50 style bike but using the smaller CRF50 style wheels

DHZ DPRO 125

DHZ DPRO 160

Considering how small the front & rear guards are I reckon all the CRF50 style bikes were meant to stay with the smaller wheels, CRF70/Midsize bikes suit the larger 12"/14" wheels better

I like this video, It shows how a small wheel bike can be ridden>
Blake Baggett OFFICIAL Mini Movie - YouTube

http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/35841-thumpinozs-build.html

ATOMIKNITROUSGPX660MMFORKSFITTED.jpg

ATOMIKNITROUSGPXBLACKLABEL.jpg

Ok i might look into that im looking for a 10" bike but ill have a look around 12" and 10" sounds good. I'll talk to DHZ soon.

Gee the Assasin is a bit of a chopper the forks have lots of rake? The Pitsterpro has no suspension travel at all, Do you plan on doing any jumps? The pitster looks like it would be fine for maybe the weight of a small kid doing jumps but I dont reckon it would even handle a kid doing jumps for long without upgrading the suspension, You may as well get a bigger bike if you have to do that

Im with Carlts, I would also not buy either

I just put some 10" & 12" wheels on an Atomik for my kids, You could put smaller wheels on just about any CRF50 style bike including the DPRO125 DPRO160, That would basically be an upgraded CRF50 style bike but using the smaller CRF50 style wheels

DHZ DPRO 125

DHZ DPRO 160

Considering how small the front & rear guards are I reckon all the CRF50 style bikes were meant to stay with the smaller wheels, CRF70/Midsize bikes suit the larger 12"/14" wheels better

I like this video, It shows how a small wheel bike can be ridden>
Blake Baggett OFFICIAL Mini Movie - YouTube

http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/35841-thumpinozs-build.html

ATOMIKNITROUSGPX660MMFORKSFITTED.jpg

ATOMIKNITROUSGPXBLACKLABEL.jpg

Whats the seat height on your atomik i might try and do that with a dpro

I reckn bulldog got the right idea, Look into geting older crf50 with bar kit

So you said you live in canberra? westy

yeah i live in canberra not many places to ride minis

Whats the seat height on your atomik i might try and do that with a dpro

According to the Atomik specs it should sit at about 750mm standard, I reckon it would have sat higher with the 12" & 14" wheels I had on there with the new GPX suspension
Nitrous 160cc - Pit Bikes - Dirt Bikes

With the 10" & 12" wheels the seat (at about the middle) is currently at 720mm, The GPX forks & shock are brand new so I expect them to sag a little bit when they have been used a bit, Also I could drop the forks up through the triple clamps (reduce the length) & maybe drop it another 10mm - 20mm, Might do that to start the kids off on it & put a bit more weight on the front wheel

How high is the DPRO stock seat height? Also which Dpro do you have, The 125 & 160 DPRO are CRF50 style bikes then the 140 DPRO is a CRF70 style bike? Not sure why they did that?

Last edited:
Nowhere :( there is larbert out at braidwood, and another at captains flat. Larbert is nasty on a mini though, too much sand....[/QUOTE

do you live in canberra? havent seen any people on minis in canberra. Forest gate at captins flat isnt that great. Haven't been to the other i think it is ballallaba springs or sumthing like that.

Z50 is an option>
http://www.miniriders.com/mini-classifieds/34443-1982-z50r-3.html

The jap mini's are nice I agree & many years ago I would not have even thought about buying a Chinese bike

But the price to buy & maintain a chinese mini is a fair bit better, Unless you buy a very poor one (the majority of chinese bikes out there are just that unfortunately) & it ends up costing more to fix everything on it in the end then a Honda CRF50 is better in that case, The motor's have been round for donkey's years and can be very reliable

The main trouble I see with starting with a CRF50 is the lack of power, I see many people on here talking about spending $600-$700 on big bore kits etc for more power which even at $500 is totally outrageous, A big bore kit for a CBR roadbike can be bought for the same price with 4 times more stuff?? Maybe if a big bore kit was $200 it would be reasonable?

Westy if your happy to start off with 50cc & are simply not too big for the little CRF50 (Like me) then the Honda would be the go but im sure you would want to upgrade the CC's for more power which ends up costing more than the bike is worth

Latest posts

Back