Bike for 16yr old

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstevo

Reaction score
I wanna get a bike for my brother (in law). He's 16 but quite small for his age, weighing approximatly 50kg. He's never riden before, or not that I know. He's got good co-ordination skillz and he's quiet sensible so I'm not too worried about him killin himself but wanna get him a decent (china) bike for him to learn on and eventually make some progression with.

My thoughts are that a 50 or 70 is too small, especially being a 4-stroke and the 125s and 140s are roughly the small price. So whats the quailty like with the 125 compared to 140? Does anyone know of a quality brand that wont set me back much further than the 400 - 700 mark? Would that extra kick of the 140 be that little bit too much for him?

Cheers guys

Last edited:
try lookin around on ebay for a good deal on the pit pro 140xr or pit pro 140. or else in the 125's go to mso (one of our site sponsers) and have a look at the 125s that they have they will hook you up with a good deal if you say your from mini riders aswell.

id have to say the pitpro 140xr but it maybe be a little big but its not realy any bigger then the 125 and other 140 only about 4cm bigger

hey man a 140 wont be too powerful at all. just practice with first and second gear for a while until you are used to it.

So are PitPros really USA's #1 Pit bike? I do hear them mentioned a fair bit on this site... is that why?

Whats the PitProXR got over the standard PitPro 140? Don't mean to bag our sponsers (and I'm not really) but aren't the prices a little steap for the 140S at $1 599.00?? The 125S seems like it has a reasonable price at $799 but if a PitProXR 140 can be bought on eBay for $700 - $800 what (if any) is the advantage of gettin one through MSO?

hey
dead dog racing makes a nice 138cc for around $1200 at any local mini bike stores u can pick one of these up they come out with good suspension and have a fair bit of power prise wize there really good!

ey im trying to get rid of my mso 140s
heaps of mods, never missed a beat, extremly clean and allways garaged!
im askin 1500ono on the flyer, but seen as ur from miniriders make me an offer that i may consider!!

theird no diff between the 125 and 140 in power wise, just the 140 keeps goin in top gear when the 125 has had enogh and carnt pull no more!
140s better personal preference!

cheers!

ey im trying to get rid of my mso 140s
heaps of mods, never missed a beat, extremly clean and allways garaged!
im askin 1500ono on the flyer, but seen as ur from miniriders make me an offer that i may consider!!

theird no diff between the 125 and 140 in power wise, just the 140 keeps goin in top gear when the 125 has had enogh and carnt pull no more!
140s better personal preference!

cheers!

Well I'm on a budget of $800 max... do you have any pics? Send'em through to [email protected]

What mods?

Last edited:
definately check out ebay you can get some reall good deals on there my mate picked up a pitpro 125rr for $460 and if you say hes sensible and stuff hell be fine its only a 4stroke they only go as fast as you want them to and hell catch on pretty quick my pitbike was the first clutch bike i had ever owned and it took me like 5 min to get the hang of it.

So are PitPros really USA's #1 Pit bike? I do hear them mentioned a fair bit on this site... is that why?

Lol, I doubt there Usa #1 pitbike

hey
dead dog racing makes a nice 138cc for around $1200 at any local mini bike stores u can pick one of these up they come out with good suspension and have a fair bit of power prise wize there really good!

Have u got any pics?

hay kstevo im sellin my zuma 125 for 750 ono in classifieds if u wanna check it out
its semi auto so it will be gud for a learner
i have only had it for a cuple of weeks but i weigh 100> kg and it doesnt handle jumps to well with me on it but it would be great for ur brother in law since he only weighs around 50 kg
bike goes fantastic

While your there check out my 125 orion for $550. Basically brand new, to small for my mate.

140 or 125

My suggestion is for a 16 yo an 125cc or a 140cc

There both around the same height with like a 2 cm difference.
My sugestion is a Yomoto or a Pitpro cant go wronmg with them and cant put them past the price

check you loacl newspapers there is always a couple in there

Mso

Try the MSO 125s.

Check them out on
MSO Motocycles - Home

Mint looking bikes, strong Frame, ive had mine a while now
and its taking a fair beating, and still starts first time everytime.
they start at $699 brand new.

Cheers

Cheers

Thanks guys! I'm probably gonna go with PitPro 125 or 140. Havn't fully decided yet but they they both resonably priced with the 125 being about 400 - 600 and the 140s at 600 - 800. What I can him will be determined by my budget in about 2 weeks time.

I'll let yas know and prob have a few more Qs for yas.
Cheers all!

Latest posts

Back