Bike maintenance

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutters

Reaction score
Rightio guys,

I pick up my new bike at the end of the week. Am stoked. Got the Pitster Pro LX160.

I have owned a few big bikes before, and my main maintenance was cleaning the air filter after every ride and regular oil changes. I even went to the hassle of taking my new Jap bikes apart to add grease to the main bearings as apparently they came out pretty dry from the factory!!

Anyways, is there anything I need to know for added maintenence with the Pitster? I have read that I should loctite the main bolts as they easily work loose on chinese bikes. Any thing else?

I am a little worried as I have just spent the last hr reading about chinese bikes all over the web and people talking about spending twice as much time in the garage over time spent riding due to all the things that go wrong on chinese bikes! Not sure if people are generalising with the cheaper ebay bikes. Will my pitster last? I guess time will tell.

It's kinda a hard decision to make.... Get a full sized older Jap bike for 3 and a half grand, or a brand new pitster midsized fun bag! Ha!

Any pointers on what I should look out for on the new bike compared to a Jap bike maintenance wise will be much appreciated.

I am half asleep typing this out and I gotta get up in 3 hrs for work, so hope I haven't babbled on too much!

Cheers

Latest posts

Back