bike not running properly

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rippin-50'z

Reaction score
Hey all
I have a YX 150 I had the motor stored for about 2 years was running fine then I am now using it in my new build it starts but only runs fine on choke if it take it off choke it runs fine but every couple of seconds it runs funny as in like missing and wants to die but picks back up and runs fine again for a couple more seconds I have checked timing I have adjusted valves I replaced the ork to a Daytona racing one I even changed the carb to a oko also the coil and spark plug so everything is new the exhaust gets extremely hot also I checked the colour of the plug it is a dark crispy brown colour. I also have noticed that when I run it without the air filter it spits fuel and mist out the carb when It does it.
it has got me stumped ??

Forgot to add I put fuel in the intake port when on tdc it held fuel in there for about 10 - 15 min and only went down a couple of mm.

Cheers on the reply do you think from it sitting so long without being started that i have made the springs lazy ?

Latest posts

Back