Bike Probs... Carby/ air leak?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTMKID

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls...ever since ive had my pitpro 138 i have noticed that when i touch the throttle after just starting the bike... the bike splutters and then concs out...with and without oiled airfilter... it used to always start but it just doesnt want to now... anyone know what could be wrong? is it possible that i have an airleak from one of the gaskets or sumthing? plz help...:eek:

Clean out ya carb! Mine was allready full of dust and Ive only had it 3 weeks.

Get a guitar string or somthing really thin and clean out all the jets, its takes just one grain of sand to block it up, this will help a bit.

Also clean the airfilter and raise the idle speed a tad. Also make sure the airfilter isnt on too tight which causes it to leak around the rubber part, experiment a bit, clean your airfilter if needed, and put the carby back together right.

Last edited:
been there done that? its going to the mecahnics tommorow... to put this fuken problem to an end..

Yeah... it didnt fix my problem completly either... raising the idle speed by about a millimeter fixed it more than anything else, I think the idle screw just moved a tiny tiny bit making it a little lower so it didnt idle like it did first kick when new.

Who knows but the problem is but its 40 times worse on my old bike, never cleaned the carb and the airfilter is clogged with dirt.

Hey KTMKID.
Have you taken off the inlet manifold yet to see if the gasket is possibly either Torn/Sucked into the manifold and plain old just not fitted correctly.We had a brand new Pitty fresh from the crate that wouldnt run properly after initial startup ie erratic idle speed,backfiring .It turned out the inlet manifold gasket was only fitted correctly over one of the bolts the other was fitted below the bolt allowing the manifold to suck air and run Lean as.Have you checked the manifold yet?? Just a thought !!!!!!!!!

Cheers Brian

mine does the same but its only when its cold i just let it idle with choke on for a bit without reving it after 1 min it seems fine for rest of the day. Sure its just not cold?

nar mate bike starts now.. but theres an air leaek somewhere near the inlet manifold.. wenever i rev the bike just bogs down..

dont wait for me pj.. when my bikes ready ill let you know..

nar mate bike starts now.. but theres an air leaek somewhere near the inlet manifold.. wenever i rev the bike just bogs down..

but does it do it all the time or just when you first start your bike as u stated in your first post? as i said before if it only does it when u first start bike from cold try letting it warm up. mine does same till its warmed up then its good to go.

Latest posts

Back