bike rack for pit bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maadwicked

Reaction score
gday has any made or bought a bike rack for a sedan that can carry a pit bike? need to get some ideas so i can transport easily to track without mates haveing to always pick me up!

yeah - think im gonna have to fabricate something that goes on and off the towbar wothout too much hassle - would be good to see a picture of one so i can copy it.

its all good - not gonna be a project for a coupe of weeks yet. sure ill think of one myself that will work.

typed in dirt on google, and guess what came up... http://www.motorcyclecarrier.net/dirt_bike_carrier.html

hope this helps maadwicked

here is another one http://www.ourlocalguide.com/GCCarrier/index.htm

if you are going to make your own one, i suggest you reinforce it even though ur only carying a pitty... and see if you can get it approved before you make one... i believe there would have to be some standards for this kind of thing... as it could become a big issue if it were to fall of on a highway traveling at 100kph :(

Last edited:
thats awesome! cheers for the help guy! quick question crazy1 - is your swingarm held on by bushes or bearings?

looks like a good design idea - shouldn't be too hard to come up with somehting similar thanks again

i think by bushes actualy, maybe bearings... might want to look into that

bushes on my dads chinese 110cc forby have gone, so i might see if i can replace them with something decent

np maadwicked

see if you can get into contact with sadirtbikes bro, im 90% sure that they sell them as i have seen quite a few flow out of their shop, specifically designed for 125's. i dont think they would have any problems sending one out to you (if of course they do stock them)

Cheers, Tony.

yeah think bearings would be the better options - just thought id ask cause am bout to get a dhz - just waitin for a good deal.

$660 was an excellent deal for me!!!

i think it would be cheaper if you made your own maadwicked, as you can make it to size and as pittys are much smaller you can have the size of the rack smaller there for no unnessicary overhang

plus it wouldnt be as $$$

i dont think you will need to change them, as mine are holding up very well... i am hitting jumps they are not big but still the fact that they withstand it is good

id like to say... keep an eye on every bike.. and be patiant and you will get a bargin like myself (well actualy my dads the patuant one who got it) and pull those forks out asap and replace the fork oil in em... and maybe yours will last longer than what mine have (just a seal gone)

Last edited:
yeah rekon thats the go - a full size one is a bit of overkill. will be HEAPS cheaper to make one myself.
saw a few new dhz with oilcooler go for 620 and 660 but at the time didn't have funds... gonna wait try get somthing around that price - most are now going for mid700's so might just have to fork out the bit extra

postage is the bitch for you i beleive it would be more than just $90... cost me nothing to get it, besides the price of the bike

yeah think postage is something like 130 - so gotta factor that into the price which sucks.. just gotts hope the forks hold up! dont plan to keep both wheels on the ground too much!

sounds like building one is the go, didnt think they would be so expensive. we altered a jet-ski trailer to accomadate for 3 minibikes, a 110 trike and a z50 with a 70cc in it and it didnt cost us anymore than $80 for galv. you should be able to build something pretty decent for $150 i would say. just make sure your welds are strong, you dont want that baby falling off the back cruising down main north road :S

I have seen them for pitbikes before, and in Australia too, can't remember where i can accross the website? I'll look for it

Latest posts

Back