Bike spluttering/backfiring? NOW WITH MORE VIDS

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No-Fear said:
mjc85 said:
They got some nice bikes arriving there in about 4 weeks that are gonna put thumpstar, motovert and what ever other brands to shame and only gonna be about $1800.
yeah mate, we'll see, not many bikes come close to the quality of thumpstar & provert here in AUS. When a bike cost $1800 and a 06 thump is $3500, u know there is going to be some quality issues with a cheaper bike.
Lets see how the import test bikes go in free rider mag, they doin tests on quite a few import bikes.

Provert, motoverts and thumpstars are heavily marked up, a thumpstar doesn't cost a whole lot more to build than a Orion, maybe double ? So thats way under $1k, i'd be thinking about $300-$400 and by the time they get to the shop they are $2-3k, talk about a rip off.

This bike that they are selling is made in the Mojo factory (makers of provert and motovert) and the guy claims its better than the best bikes that Mojo sells under their own brands as it has many custom items. Massive Chromoly Twin Spar frame, 13mm wheel axles (10mm in thumps, motovert and provert), unbreakable ASV brake and clutch levers. Most of the other parts will be the same as the proverts like brakes, handlebars, wheels etc. But the bike is so much cheaper because these guys don't believe in ripping people off like the "big names"

you can bullet-proof any bike, If you want to spend the cash on it.
But the premium bike (thumpstar etc..) are made stronger thats for sure.
If you have come through the junior motocross ranks into senior you would have Mechanical knowledge, and you can tell buy simply looking at a bike if it will handle the punishment. I own an Atomik Avenger and I am not Bias
they are weak until heavy mods are done to the rollin gear. 'fact of life'

you can bullet-proof any bike, If you want to spend the cash on it.
But the premium bike (thumpstar etc..) are made stronger thats for sure.
If you have come through the junior motocross ranks into senior you would have Mechanical knowledge, and you can tell buy simply looking at a bike if it will handle the punishment. I own an Atomik Avenger and I am not Bias
they are weak until heavy mods are done to the rollin gear. 'fact of life'
sorry gone off the 'track' a little

Problem fixed, the carby was f :D :eek: ked. It runs 1000x better with a new one, just gotta wait for a new one from the seller i bought from :D

I finally gave up and took it to the guys at

Pocket Bike Dominion
11 Daniel St Caloundra 4551 (07) 5492 6566

Real helpful guys, if you are on the Sunshine coast and need spares or have a problem go see these guys, don't get ripped off on your spares through ebay. They won't charge you an arm and a leg for parts or labour.

Mitch

Yeah, great shop, i get most of my spares through these guys. Is that at noosaville in the second vid? looks like a place we used to 4x4.

Latest posts

Back