bike splutters at speed

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackliveshere

Reaction score
i have an atomic pro x 125 which was running pretty poorly out of the box but i seem to have solved a few issues. adjusted valves, got a decent air filter, reemed out my main jet til my plug is running a tan colour (was white to start with) until i can chase up some new jets. have my needle on the richest setting though i know this needs correcting when i get a bigger jet and have my fuel mixture screw out 2 turns. the bike now runs well on a tight track and feels good but it lacks the bottom end punch of my mates which is a wheelie machine (but helps me slide through corners instead of battling to keep weight on the front wheel) and the main problem now is when i test it on a long straight it pulls well til u r revving it out in top gear close to maximum speed and then develops a splutter but if u back off and throttle it again it clears for a lil bit and then misses again. i was originally thinking it was struggling for fuel so i removed the fuel filter which didnt fix it and now i am not so sure especially as the plug is looking good. have cleaned carb many times (26mm mikuni) with no benefit. anyone got any ideas or had this problem before???

what throttle position because if it clean,s out when you back of then on again mite be a bit rich on pilot or main

You still probably need to go up on the main jet.

my bike was running crap out of the box. Spluttering at high revs turns out the end of the plug just needed replacing get this off any bike I got mine off my mates cr125 it's gold now.

no.29orion125cc, do u know if u can test the output of the plug with a multimeter and if so what should it read and what was yours reading when it was bad??

YEA
Had a bit of the same sort drama,turned out to be plug going into cdi.female end's in plug had burn't,replaced them,no drama since......was messin with jetting etc for age's

Latest posts

Back