bike troubles

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer182

Reaction score
hi guys... any suggestions will help
i got a 110cc dirt bike
the carby is blocked.. but i have taken it apart many times to clean it
but it just wont start.. when i check to carby.. everything is clean
and good and then i put it back together..
the bike wants to kick over. but just dies again. i have checked everything
it has spark and fuel..
also on the fuel tap ..i know where the off position is but were is the main
fuel supply position and the reserve position... up or down...
thankyou
any suggestion would be great.....
thankyou

im not saying its the problem but a simple $2 feul filter fixes most of these problemoes

Up is generally reserve and down is generally on.You can run it in reserve it will still work fine.If the bike wants to partially fire it sounds like the air/fuel mixture is too rich and maybe your float is partially stuck or you have crystallised fuel on the needle making it seep.Most places will sell a carby for about $50 bucks which you can bolt on and simply forget about,but you can try checking the float in the bottom bowl and making sure the needle is clean.Also the pin on the bottom of the throttle cable which is inside the carby,try the pin position on the centre of the 5 slots (im presuming its a mikuni carby)put it all back together and try firing it up without the air filter on.Also make sure you have fresh fuel in it as water can give you the same symptoms.

hey acid rain, thanks heaps for the advise mate.. i will check it all out.
but the carby is still the stock one.. its very similar to the standard little 49cc pocket bike carbys.
the carby all looks good on the inside as far as i can see but then again im not sure what its ment to look like,,, hey would you have a few pic of what the carby should look like on the inside.. i may have something wrong when i put it back together...
when i try to start the bike.. im sure the fuel is going through coz when i take it apart, thers all fuel sitting in the overflow (that bowl at the botom of the carby)
cheers

hey racer182.I actually got the fuel tap bit confused.Up is generally on and down is reserve.If you look closely there is a diagram on the tap and one has a line through the bottom of the bowl to indicate reserve.
Ok if there is fuel in the bottom bit that is the bowl,not the overflow.That has to be full of fuel in order for it to work.As long as no fuel runs out then that is ok.Now it sounds as tho you have a Main Jet blockage so may i suggest to pull the carby apart,Pull the bowl off the bottom with the 4 screws around the outside.Lift the float out (the black plastic bit)and you will see a needle/pin looking unit which will have a black section on it.Lift this out but make sure u try not to let any of the springs loose.You will have to remove a pin about 25mm long.Now check where that needle seats (you will notice the seat which has like a flathead slot in it ) to make sure there is no crystalised fuel in there.With the carby apart you may want to clean it out with some carby cleaner.There are a few passages inside which have to be clean and flowing or else it wont go.Make sure they are all clear.You will see them and if you can blow them out with compressed air.If not throw a small amount of fuel in the spark plug hole to see if it will fire and sometimes this can unblock the carby.Under the air filter all you should see is a copper coloured round cylindrical plunger with a pin on the bottom.Make sure this moves up and down.But its rare that faults occur with those.

thanks heaps for the advise mate.. i will pull it all apart. and give it another go.. but im pretty sure i have checked everything. and everything is clean in there... but one thing i havent tried is putting fuel i the spark plug hole.. my spark plug is a little black.. but it still sparks.. it still connected to the lead and i cranked it over an i was touching it and gave me a hit...
but i cant seem to get it close enough down the spark plug hole to see if its sparking.....
thanks mate i'll see how i go..

Latest posts

Back