Bike WAS running good and now barely starts

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theb3ar417

Reaction score
Like title says, took my 110 lifan out the other day in the streets and noticed when at about 1/4 throttle/maintaining consistent throttle/speed it would sputter a tad, not bad though. So i get about 5 miles from my house, and boom. The bike can barely make it into second gear, and if it does, it just dies. so that was all 3 days ago. I get back to it today and can barely get the thing started bump starting it, runs TERRIBLE. like its getting no throttle response at all barely chugging along and the second it hits an incline it dies. Any suggestions as to where to start? maybe wiring? i just thought it was strange how it happened so quickly. Also i noticed today a tiny knick in the throttle cable, upon inspection it only looks like the sleeve was cut. So i doubt this would be my problem.

Has it got a good spark plug in it and not the China one, or even try another plug as it may be faulty, is it running a race CDI or the standard black one?

the bike does leak some fuel from the pet**** so the plug does get soaked from time to time, but thats only if you dont get the gas off 100% and leave it on the kick stand. I did pull the plug out, and take a soft brillo-pad to the arc gap and cleaned the connector some. only have cold plugs right now for a turbod audi and dont want to start taking that beast apart for 1 plug. too much hassle with the cover. As for the cdi im trying to get the cover off now lol. having some problems with out breaking off the little tab

Attachments

• IMG_1077.JPG
    IMG_1077.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
I doubt the Audi plugs would be the same anyway, when you say your trying to get the cover off the CDI you mean trying to remove the terminal with the wires from the CDI? Id be removing the carb an giving it a bloody good clean, maybe water in the fuel also.

Remove the carb and clean out your float bowl and jets with carby cleaner, sounds like youv'e got crap in there and it's possible coming from the fuel tank. You may need to clean out your tank too, but clean the carb first.

tomorrow when the sun comes up and everthing starts to unfreeze ill check the gas tank and im watching some videos as to how and clean my carb at this point. As for the gas, in the time ive had the bike ive put 2 full tanks through it straight from the pump at gas station, bike hasnt been exposed to water in the time ive had it so could that still be an option?

Has it got a good spark plug in it and not the China one, or even try another plug as it may be faulty, is it running a race CDI or the standard black one?

How would i check whether its a race CDI or not

Maybe just crap in the carb, give it a good clean. Also it's not a bad idea to run a fuel filter on the line, just to stop any crap that might be coming out of the tank.

if the cdi has a black plastic case its standard if its blue or red it is the race cdi.

what do you mean when everything unfreezes? you live in the snow? if so that could be part of it..

Fuel attracts moisture and once its in there it sinks to the bottom of the fuel tank and straight down the fuel line it goes next time you use it.

Fuel attracts moisture and once its in there it sinks to the bottom of the fuel tank and straight down the fuel line it goes next time you use it.

Spot on Liljohno

Latest posts

Back