bike wont turnover just ticks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millzie

Reaction score
hi all i recently bought a 250cc quad secondhand, after fixing varius things i finally got spark but now it wont turn over just makes a tick sound ive checked the battery its charged please help.

250cc zongshen

Cheers

did you check your earth?

Maybe take it to somewhere like Repco or the likes..they do free battery testing.

ill have to get it tested and ill check the earth, is the battery and earth the only things it could be

On some of the quads you have to pull in the brake or clutch lever. This may be only for the smaller quads though.

Mate it is definately flat. My Kuda Pro does that everytime i put a new battery in and it goes flat. It hasnt got enough charge to turn over the motor i dont think

i would say the click you hear is the starter solenoid getting power from the battery so check your starter motor and the power wire to the solenoid (should be a black round or square box with two power posts, one from battery one to starter) and also check your earth wire from the starter motor, if it not the wiring it coukld be the brushes are seized/dirty or the armature is burnt. very common problem on my jetskis, and its always the starter or wiring.

Ive checked the earth wires and im taking the battery to be checked 2morro hopfully fix the problem. Thanks for the help ill keep yous posted

jumpstart?

I had a problem like this and all I did was use the jumper leads and the car.Worked fine!

Latest posts

Back