bikes too noisy

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caalra2002

Reaction score
The time has come for my nearly 7 year old son to move on from his pee wee. I have a LEM 50 (simalar to pro senior) for him which he won't ride cause its too noisy! I have re packed the muffler and the bike is still very loud. I have seen pro seniors that are a lot quiter than our lem. Is there something else you can do to make them quiter?
Also if anyone knows these bikes (2002 lx3 racer) i have wound the screws in the clutch right out to try and make it engage earlier but it still revs its tits off before the bike will go anywhere, can you not get the clutch to engage earlier?

It sounds like your sons bike might be an ex "racer''... noisy despite repacking, and a clutch that doesnt take up til it's wide open... it could be possible that it has an aftermarket pipe, which would be louder, and the springs sound like they may be of a stiffer variety than stock. If you can find a store that deals with the LEM's, you may be able to source some springs that are softer, and will thus let the clutch take up a little lower in the rev range...
As for the muffler, if it's been repacked, and is still noisy, you may have to look at adapting a different and more restrictive muffler to the lem...

if its a 30mm baffle, take a 22mm galv socket, drill holes thru each side, tap a thead in those holes and put grub screws in em, bout 1.5cm each grub screw in lenght, put it in the baffle and tighten the grub screws so that it hols in place so it wont get blown out, if still too loud get some steel putty and put a washer on the beggining of the socket and putty it down, washer should be at least 1.7 hole on it

Latest posts

Back