biofuel car....looks good

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog93

Reaction score
i came to see this whilst doing an engineering assignment about biofuel cars

Fastest BioFuel Car Designed in SolidWorks | SolidSmack.com

koenigsegg-ccxr.jpg

ccxr-interior.jpg

ccxr-top.jpg

medium_2065918930_5380cae43d_o.jpg

i like the look of it, would be awsome if they made it.

wow that looks really good! finaly a bio fuel car that doesnt look like a rediculous piece of sh..

e.g. the prius.. if they just put all that bio fuel stuff in a hilux or a corolla or something that looks normal and semi-respectable, people would probably buy it!

um is this koenigseasteregg car bio-fuel or Hybrid driven?
The two are not one and the same...
eg prius runs normal unleaded petrol + electric motors...
Bio-fuel is fuel made from natural products isnt it? eg bio-diesel? or second hand cooking oil type stuff?
Those made europeans and their highly strung diesels...
should drop one of those motors in a landcruiser... heh heh..

heh heh, pays to read the fine print i guess...
The bio-fuel in question is an ethanol blend...
This stuff is available here pretty cheaply... usually from the smaller fuel companies eg: SAFF and LIBERTY servos...
It's basically unleaded mixed with ethanol...
most commonly available stuff is E85, and Liberty sells E10, which is a 96RON ethanol blend. The E85, oddly enough has an RON (octane rating) of 85...
And before any of you think "hmm, 85RON, premium unleaded is 96 or 98 RON, E85 is $hit and wont make my car run well", try the stuff.
E85 is the new avgas... The performance capabilities of this fuel are very surprising. As the engine runs a lot cooler, like it does with avgas or methanol, you can run a heap more timing. Some of the numbers coming out of highly tuned engines, particularly those that have forced induction, are damned impressive.
The only downside with running E85 on these worked engines, particularly the ones that are designed and tuned to run only on E85, is that they chew through a heap of juice. Due to the timing that can be run with ethanol-blend fuels, they also need a heap of fuel to do it... Roughly 30% more than using premium... But you also gain a lot more horespower than the equivalent motor running on premium...
And yes, E85 will run well in pretty much everything... I've been running it in my twin-turbo aristo for a few weeks now, (was previously running only 98RON premium, occasionally with octane boost thrown in for good measure), and there is no noticeable powerloss running fuel with a much lower octane rating, and it runs cooler... Win!
oh and E85 is about 20c a litre cheaper than premium in most cases... :D

Latest posts

Back