Bloody Hippies! Noise prob.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toerag racer

Reaction score
Heys guys just after a few ideas.
My mates and i got the dreaded visit from the council on the weekend after some greeny bastard had a sook. We will be sweet if we get the noise down, so i was wondering if anyone knew the Db limit and how to get the bikes down to it without losing too much power? We are all running Atomic ProX 125s.
Ta any help would be great cause we have been having a blast!

home made semi silencers:
NEED: Old jumper and 2 cable ties and knife.

Cut both arms off the jumper, put one inside the other, cable tie the non wrist end. Then put the wrist end over your muffler and cable tie that around you muffler. You could also use a big ass hose clamp if you have a bbr style muffler.

Power loss isnt too significant, and reduced the high pitch notes (annoying to the ear).

i got a exhaust from a motorbike exhaust shop they dont deal with pit bikes but he made one up it was originally 4 sum 2stroke bike. can hardley hear it idle now didnt loose any power at all, $99 try sum 1 like that.

Nice work

That is my type of mod cheap and nasty, but that is usually the best way. my mate is gunna grab a Db meter from local car audio joint so we'll give it a crack and i'll post results. Hopefully we'll be able to tell the guy Epa where to go, then resume the madness!
Thanx.

buck what state do u live so u payed a profrshenl bike shop to make u a exhaust for 99

qld yeh mate i sat in the waiting room while he packed it and welded the piece of pipe from the old 1

this a guy near me called BANKSTOWN MUFFLERsydney leding high perfomce exhaust anddo u think i shoulkd ask him and near him theres a motorbike like store they sell crusiers and dirt bikes and some road bikes

go to a motorbike exhaust shop not a car exhaust shop or motor bike shop they only sell over priced shit wif there mark up although it is good shit.

Toerag racer said:
Heys guys just after a few ideas.
My mates and i got the dreaded visit from the council on the weekend after some greeny bastard had a sook. We will be sweet if we get the noise down, so i was wondering if anyone knew the Db limit and how to get the bikes down to it without losing too much power? We are all running Atomic ProX 125s.
Ta any help would be great cause we have been having a blast!

RD RACING on this forum was selling 'power cones' which were silencers that dont take any performance away. heard they were very cheap too :) i'm not sure if he still is, but there's no harm in asking him ;)

check out this link for more info:
http://www.pocket-bike-racing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=5579

stuff a socket in th end of the muffler no power loss makes it very quiet

hahaha some pretty dodgey silencers in the mix but i like it. jumper one sounds decent.

Ok well the noise limit is either 96dB or 98dB depends on who is doing it ie: the Police, the EPA, or the coucil. At a normal motocross meet the noise limit is 102dB. The 102dB is a meter from the exaust im pretty sure but the other twp readings are from the point of the problem like where they are at. My family is having exactly the same problem with neghbours and as of it its pretty well determined to end up in court. So not fair as they lie to everyone. Hope i was of some assistance but soon theirs going to be no places to ride as of all these no lifes complain. As for Buck, motorbike dealers do not mark up products as much as you would think so mate do a bit of research before you go acusing them of things like that, they need to make a living to.

Its a world of Low Lifes mates.

Ok well the noise limit is either 96dB or 98dB depends on who is doing it ie: the Police, the EPA, or the coucil. At a normal motocross meet the noise limit is 102dB. The 102dB is a meter from the exaust im pretty sure but the other twp readings are from the point of the problem like where they are at. My family is having exactly the same problem with neghbours and as of it its pretty well determined to end up in court. So not fair as they lie to everyone. Hope i was of some assistance but soon theirs going to be no places to ride as of all these no lifes complain. As for Buck, motorbike dealers do not mark up products as much as you would think so mate do a bit of research before you go acusing them of things like that, they need to make a living to.

sorry bout the double post boys still getting the hang of it all. Peace

Got shut down in my backyard ....no warning no nothing just the cops in my yard and a 28 day ban straight off the bat.

Said if as much as kicked it over it'd cost a thousand .

Fuckin fun police ....and always from crew who couldn't ride a bus .

Good luck mate , because I don't reckon they will be happy no matter how much you silence them ....Arseholes.

Ypu can buy a silencer but dont know about power loss. If your anything like me the noise is half the fun. But, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I was wondering can you get permission from the council or apply for a permit or something. As we use lawn mowers and trimmers etc and there loudish. Plus you're on your land....:confused: You'd have to get written consent from your neighbours as well.

You could always murder the old bags!

I can't stand old people who bitch about everything...I wish the coffin dodgers would just die already

yeh u seen my vid on pocket rocket (vid sections) nebours yelling over fence

Latest posts

Back