Blowing lots of air from exhaust

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy-latin-steven

Reaction score
Hey i recently installed a big bore exhaust(32mm H-bomb). I only got to try it out yesterday. I realised that it blows lots of air from it(well it comes from the engine obviously.) IS this normal or could their be a problem. It didnt do it that bad when i had standard exhaust on it. So is there a problem?

um, define lots of air from the engine?

do you have a leak at the manifold flange, or do you just mean there appears to be more exhaust gas now? no problem, if so...its a bigger pipe...more space to expand in... and the "air" coming out is more...diffuse... ie, with a pea shooter pipe youll see grass say four metres away getting affected by the pulses of "air", but with the big bore pipe you wont...

the final temperature of the "air" should be a lot lower to boot... expansion=cooling... my origional exhaust was a hand burner:eek:, my new h-bomb is a hand warmer:)

What is the manifold flange? Its the part thats connects the exhaust pipe to the cylinder head, ya goose!

You will be able to feel the air further away now because the H bomb has less restriction, i.e. lets air travel through faster and therefore you can feel it further away. It's not a problem with your bike or the muffler, its just how they are.

I just want to clear up if you feel the air when standing behind the bike or beside it or where exactly? If its behind it, no worries

You will be able to feel the air further away now because the H bomb has less restriction ...wrong

its actually the opposite like headsmess said.

Yeah... i wasn't really thinking about it it hard at the time...The point is there is nothing wrong with his bike...

Latest posts

Back