blue smoke but not consistantly blowing blue smoke

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-LOVE_DIRT

Reaction score
Hey fellas I have recently recovered from a compound fracture ( broken tib fib) due to a big bike accident with a mate.. I have now fully recovered and riding again.

I have a DHZ mini with a lifan 125cc that I rape around my house track but have a bit of a problem with blue smoke, when I first took it for a thrap a couple of weeks ago it was fine and I decided I'd get a few mates over and give it a thrap today and get back into building my home track..
I started it up and it as blowing some pretty thick blue smoke but after a while it was ok so I took it down the track and had a few laps and it had a few moments were it spat some blue smoke out... Now I Know blue smoke is due to oil and I'm just wondering if old oil will burn blue smoke as I haven't changed the oil in a longtime or would it be my valve clearance or would it be my rings are going or all of the above...
What else could make it blow blue smoke?

Any help would be great cheers fellas.

Hi, probably the reason it is blowing blue smoke is because there is oil in your petrol.

Once you finish the tank of petrol replace or clean the spark plug and run a fresh batch of premium unleaded through your bike just to clean it out.

Hi, probably the reason it is blowing blue smoke is because there is oil in your petrol.

Once you finish the tank of petrol replace or clean the spark plug and run a fresh batch of premium unleaded through your bike just to clean it out.

Will do. cheers mate.

wow !! Just ......... wow !! What SkinlessFrog is inferring, is that you have pre-mixed two stroke fuel in your bike and this is the cause of your bike blowing smoke. It aint a two stroke froggy!! And if your bike is blowing as much smoke as it sounds like it is, this is not going to be the case. The fuel would had to have been mixed at like 5:1 and then put into your bike to blow as much smoke as it sounds like it is. You are more than likely going to have a motor that is burning oil. Have you checked your oil level, and is it using oil?? That is where you need to start.

wow !! Just ......... wow !! What SkinlessFrog is inferring, is that you have pre-mixed two stroke fuel in your bike and this is the cause of your bike blowing smoke. It aint a two stroke froggy!! And if your bike is blowing as much smoke as it sounds like it is, this is not going to be the case. The fuel would had to have been mixed at like 5:1 and then put into your bike to blow as much smoke as it sounds like it is. You are more than likely going to have a motor that is burning oil. Have you checked your oil level, and is it using oil?? That is where you need to start.

haha I had to go check which jerry can I used to fill it but def wasn't my 2 banga jerry can and my plug was replaced last ride. My oil levels are fine a bit black but. I'm thinking it's my rings on the way out. Would my lack of doing oil changes and my oil being used and abused and possibly burning be another possibility?

haha I had to go check which jerry can I used to fill it but def wasn't my 2 banga jerry can and my plug was replaced last ride. My oil levels are fine a bit black but. I'm thinking it's my rings on the way out. Would my lack of doing oil changes and my oil being used and abused and possibly burning be another possibility?

That is going to be the most likely scenario. Even if you had used a fuel mixed with two stroke oil, it would have needed so much oil in that fuel for you to even notice it in your four stroke, let alone blow loads of smoke. If you know that the bike has a load of hours on it, and you have been a bit slack with the maintenance, then it really does sound like you will be burning oil. It could be rings, it could be valve guide seals. Maybe give her an oil change, top the oil up when you need to, get back out there and ride it till it stops !!

That is going to be the most likely scenario. Even if you had used a fuel mixed with two stroke oil, it would have needed so much oil in that fuel for you to even notice it in your four stroke, let alone blow loads of smoke. If you know that the bike has a load of hours on it, and you have been a bit slack with the maintenance, then it really does sound like you will be burning oil. It could be rings, it could be valve guide seals. Maybe give her an oil change, top the oil up when you need to, get back out there and ride it till it stops !!

Will do mate. Much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back