Blue Smoke

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corrin27

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Soo i have recently been having trouble with getting my bike to start, eventually found the problem....the little plastic seal part between the carbi n intake manifold was broken and wasnt sealing. so ive now replaced that with a new one and while i was at it decided to give the carbi a quick clean out. put everything back together exact same way it came apart, started it up n it started first kick (previously was starting but took alot of effort with the cracked seal) but now there is a blue-ish smoke pouring outta the exhaust and it stinks aswell. someone told me blue smoke means burning oil. just wondering what it could be causing this as it wasnt doing it before i replaced the seal and stuff.

Thanks
Daniel

Hey guys,

Soo i have recently been having trouble with getting my bike to start, eventually found the problem....the little plastic seal part between the carbi n intake manifold was broken and wasnt sealing. so ive now replaced that with a new one and while i was at it decided to give the carbi a quick clean out. put everything back together exact same way it came apart, started it up n it started first kick (previously was starting but took alot of effort with the cracked seal) but now there is a blue-ish smoke pouring outta the exhaust and it stinks aswell. someone told me blue smoke means burning oil. just wondering what it could be causing this as it wasnt doing it before i replaced the seal and stuff.

Thanks
Daniel

White = water

Black = fuel

Blue = oil

Could be a number of things oil seal rings on the piston, valve stem seal seeping

so im assuming if i dont get this fixed fairly quickly its gonna turn into a big problem.....

how long have you had the bike? maybe its time for some fresh rings? smoke usually means oil seeping past the rings into the combustion chamber and burning, well from my experiences anyway.

i only got it like jan/feb this yr. it wouldnt suprise me if all the seals are broken like the manifold one was, i just found it weird that it only started happening after i changed that seal and stuff. and its not as though its a little bit of smoke either

Had the engine been tipped over for a long period of time? If for some unapparent reason it seeped oil into the carb or into the exhaust... I'd run it for a while as it may clear up... If it dosnt you have some investigating to do!

if you go riding whilst it is still smoking, make sure you check the oil before each ride and even take a little with ya, obviously it needs fixing but if ya cant afford it for now, just keep the oil up to it, one thing is its burning oil, but its another thing when you seize or semi seize it due to no oil in the engine.

Well you can probably rule out the rings then, unless you accidentally poured a cup of sand down its throat :D run it for a while and see if it clears up. Mine poured smoked after i ate it and the bike was upside down.. but cleared up after 5 minutes.
edit: oops sorry crazy, beat me to it.

thanks guys, ill take it out for a proper ride on the weekend and see how it goes. but ill deffs take some spare oil with me aswell haha.

cheers.

Latest posts

Back