BMX river jumping

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah man, bugger all injuries, my shin in that vid is about as bad as it gets, one of the boys popped an eardrum too but that's riverjumpin'! All you need is a decent ramp, a good runup, some deep water, a few bikes with 4 litre drums attached, some good music and a few beers!

haha thats mads#@t we used ta do that off stonypoint jetty year ago how hard is it to bring up if the oildrum comes off hey!

yeah anyone from SA know the jetty at port Eliot? well thats pre good jetty jumping and they have a huge fuk step run up behind it that make some good front flips over your handle barrs XD

we haven't lost any bikes yet, we tie the drums on pretty good with rope, another good way of floating them is with those noodle things, thread them through the spokes, wrap them around the frame etc, good for padding as well! We went on Australia day but didn't get much footage, wish I did tho coz there was some crazy shit goin on!

Wicked! I some how have to rattle together some mates and give that a crack!
Mate, make up a list of what is needed and app cost - i'm sure you will have some more positive response on this!

Last edited:
i used to do this back in the 80's was great fun ,till ya shinned ya self

yeah sick fun londin, doesn't cost much at all, just knock off some kids BMX and you'll get years of use out of them! Our ramp is adjustable so we can lower it for distance jumps and new dudes etc, probably owes me about $400 but it is really well built. Happy to put up more pics of the ramp and stuff if you want!

yeah, the only river jumping iv done wasnt realy jumping:( a small dirt mound we made in front of the creek but ya dont get any air or anything (this was back when i was younger)

im soo wanting a set up like you guys have goin!!!

Latest posts

Back