boost bottles

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divy

Reaction score
hey guys i was reading some info about boost bottles they sound okay i guess they could work cause my old yz80 had one stock from the factory

i dout you would feel the difference but what do you all think about them??

oh im talking about boost bottles not nitrous :p

heres what they do for you guys that havnt heard of them

The Boost Bottle is an empty chamber connected to the inlet tract of a 2-stroke engine. As an inlet cycle is finishing, the shock wave from the closing port forces a small amount of remnant fuel/air mixture left in the inlet tract into the Boost Bottle. Here it becomes a reservoir of premixed fuel/air ready for the very start of the next inlet cycle. So the next cycle doesn't have to start sucking air up to a velocity when fuel will mix as it passes through the carby venturi, hence faster throttle response and smoothing of dead spots... so, the theory goes.

but ive read that there for 2strokes so how would they go on a 4stroke?

yeh mate ive read about em to, if i still had my pocket bike i'd give em a go cause there supposed to work really well, if ur 80's jus sittin there not bein used get one and see how it goes.

sorry divy read ur post wrong(thought u still had the 80)

yeah thats ok but if i still had it i wouldnt have to put one on an give it a try cause it came stock with one on it so i thought yamaha are pretty smart guys they must think they work

Latest posts

Back