boot cleaning

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazzy #1

Reaction score
i have just acquired a pair of tech 6's, they are fairly dirty but are reasonably new!

curious how i should go about cleaning them, after some tricks/hints

spray them with low pressure preferably warm water.
Scrub with a soft brush and MILD soapy warm water.
Rinse with low pressure warm water.
Wipe down with a cloth and warm water, let them air dry out of direct sunlight.

I don't know about the insides but you can get sprays for that.

best way unless your pro & get boots for free is not to buy white boots the white will eventually turn a poo brown colour

O he didnt say what colour..... i wouldnt know anyway cleaning stuff aint my cup of tea

well i know i got this scrubbing brush thing that has a container built in and has a little button thaat you press and squirts out what ever you put in there....i put deagreaser in it and dead set it makes my boots look like new every time

so scrubbing brush and some degreaser or i suppose dishwashing liquid would be ok too

spray and wipe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spray on soak for a min get green dishes thing scrub lightly rinse wipe clean

easy as

EDIT: pressure washer work good for thick mud

i've got white boots cleaned them a couple of times this year (pressure wash and spray and wipe) boots are grey atm wonder if the missus would clean em for me

missus cleans my gear (white to) they're handy things sometimes

ohk, so ill try some dish washing detergent with hot water and a good scrub and then ill hit them with the pressure washer (at a safe distance)

when i get thick mud i just stick them upsidedown on a large trafic cone
so the tip is going inside the boot and pressurehose em :p

I'm just going by the cleaning instructions I got with my Tech 3's.

from the manual, and yep it was red and bold in the manual too:
Use very Low Pressure hose to clean off the soap. It is extremely important to never use a power washer to clean your boots. Doing this will dry out and stiffen the leather on the outside and destroy the soft leather and padding inside the boots.

I'm sure the pressure washer does a great job of cleaning off the mud but Boots ain't cheap and I want them to last so I spend the extra 5mins cleaning them properly.

I've found the same applies to your bike, you gotta be real careful with the pressure washer or it pushes the mud and crap further into the cracks, makes your bike look good on the outside while long term damage is being done on the inside

Last edited:
soapy water and a toothbrush!

Soap and alotta scrubbing did it for my old boots came up alrite to heyy....but be real carefull and put that extra time in to make sure the insides of your boots don't get wrecked!!!!

yea, the bloke i got it off (my inlaw) had cleaned my bike previously with the pressure washer and just blew **** into the airbox! which then lead to a blocked drainage pipe... and ended up filling with water and making its way into the engine!

WOW, i must correct myself, after cleaning them (meh i used the pressure washer) i noticed T8 on the side! awesome, i thought they were T6's

Latest posts

Back