Bore question.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swifty_ano

Reaction score
Ok I haven't found much info on the net so I'm just double checking and getting others opinions.

I want to bore my Lifan 140cc engine. Who knows that the std piston size is? and whats the maximum piston you can bore them out to?

thanks guys.

p.s if you know any good brands for the pistons post them too :D

can anyone confirm this information? or any ideas on what cc it would make it.
anyone have a tut on case boring or have a how to? cheers.

We have 57mm kits that dont require case boring, they come with a hc piston and 57mm bore, plus gaskets and pins to install them,

they bring the 140s to 153cc, if you want one please pm us, the price is $230 plus postage.

How much bigger do you want???, the 153cc with a ported head and cam pulls your arms out of their sockets.

much bigger but reliability becomes an issue
reliability as in harder to start etc....or reliability like you'll blow crank bearings, put a piston through the head etc? how much work is it to go bigger? know anywhere I can buy a big piston?

I think it would be easier to buy pistons and bore (as in a bore kit) than boring a pissweak china bore

yeah true. in that case where i can buy a bigger bore kit? cheers guys.

the have a new 160cc big bore kit made by trail bikes for yx 140 and jailing 125 engines

they wont work with the lifans if there for the jailing's im pretty sure ,
i wouldnt go any bigger then the 153 on the 140. if you do what fuse said hi rise cam port it and it would be plenty i reckon!

Why no bigger then 153? just getting everyones opinion. I really wanna go bigger though.

just dont think the 140 lifans would have a very tough bottom end etc for it , if you wanna go big id go with a YX150 and go 178 etcc or bigger if you really want

how much are the YX's and where can I buy them from? i looked but didn't find.

i wouldn't go to much, the lifan engines wouldn't be able to handle it.

Latest posts

Back