Bottom End Upgrade's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunny29er

Reaction score
Hi so me and my mate bought a tdr 70, i know how **** they are trust we knew what we were getting our selfs into, thats pretty much why we bought it. Its only going to be used in the back yard in a loop.

Anyway we wanted it to have better bottom end, top speed isn't an issue, just want to come out of the corners better. We were thinking of changing the sprockets to a different ratio but we are not sure what to change it to? Also what exhaust system will fit, is the hole bike practically based off a CRF50?

Thanks

I wouldn't bother with an exhaust (unless you want to quiet it down) they are generally straight through, maybe a bit of mesh on the end which is easily removed. As for the sprokets i'd simply go 2 up on the rear and you should notice a decent difference or if you really want to sacrifice the top speed go 4 up. How many teeth are on the current rear sproket?

I definitely agree with Timeeh. Sprockets will make an significant change. What is your current sprocket setup man?

Also another option would be to source an alternate engine for cheap like a lifan 100 or 125, this would ample power gains for little cost, especially if you get a second hand one.

Latest posts

Back