Boy Dies Riding MiniBike.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchy125

Reaction score
Cody Williams was riding a 50cc Pee-Wee minibike on training wheels when he crashed down an embankment by the Wimmera River on his parents' property at Quantong, in south western Victoria on Sunday.

He was flown to the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne, where he later died.

Kidsafe Victoria president Mark Stokes has called for laws banning children under 16 from riding motorbikes.

Dr Stokes said 900 children aged 14 and under were admitted to Victorian hospitals in the past three years with injuries from motorcycle accidents and another 1,800 were treated at hospital emergency departments.

Today Mr Brumby said his heart went out to the family of the boy, and described the crash as a "freak accident".

"I wouldn't be looking at prohibiting young people from riding motorised bikes, I think that would be too much and I don't think that would be justified,' Mr Brumby said.

"In a sense, it is a one off," he said.

Dr Stokes said yesterday that it was ludicrous to have licensing and age limits for cars but not for motorbikes or minibikes.

"The reality is that children under 12 do not have the developed strength or motor skills to handle motorbikes and riders also needed to develop a greater maturity and sense of judgment, road safety and responsibility," Dr Stokes said.
0564998100.jpg

very sad to hear this, i recently had a baby girl and i dont know what i would do if i lost her but banning kids under 12 isnt gonna stop the accidents they will just happen on something. Only just recently there was a young fella that fell out of a golf buggy, was very tragic. i think having kids learn at a younger age helps them as they get older. With me i never had a bike when i was young, now at 25 i find it very challenging to ride but very fun of course but if i had learnt at a younger age i would be a better rider

yeah, like where i live. which is is eastern subs of melbourne near dandenong ranges u hear ppl riding on roads at night someone is bound to get killed

Latest posts

Back