Braaap/ycf 10" 88 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLOCOx

Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Ahh I never thought I'd own a Braaap..... But hey I wanted a cheap 10" haha
I bought this thing with 12" front and rear rims, who knows why but I decided to her down fit up a set of gpx 660 forks dhz hooked me up with and a new rear shock,
I've stripped the subframe and I'm repainting it satin black instead of that terrible porous powdercoat stuff that they put on,
So this is how it sits so far
image.jpg

The braaap 88s go real good and they are a good set up
You will have a lot of fun on that bike
Are you putting a 10" on the rear ?

This is the pick of the Braaap bikes for sure. My boy has one and it's bullet proof. His friends have some of the other Braaap models and they always have something wrong with them. I fitted a 12" to the front door better ride quality and some good rubber.

Can also get a 110 Lifan semi-auto off eBay for about $250. [emoji2]
d465dee38a18103358da3788d339c3ed.jpg
fff0c0b9f650043b8cf6c336c7619ffe.jpg
71c30c92340f3daa600dd108cf285215.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Yeah I've heard the same things haha, keen as to get up over a few tabO's
Gunna stick with 10's front and rear, the rear shock that came with it was ded as haha, got a rear shock off ebay and got some alloy bushes made up, works mint now,
Props to your little fella, looks clean as! Hahah

Your not leaving a 12" on the front ?
They ride better with a 12" up front

Keep the pics coming

The ride quality with a 12 on the front is way better. You might want to compare the both of them when you get it going. I have also fitted a slightly larger 10" tyre to the rear being a Kenda Washougal 90/100 which has also made a massive difference to the bike. All up it's a 10 second lap time improvement on a regularly used track
9c9b83a0fbad4670981d6da44e9f604d.jpg

Where did you get you upgraded suspension? Any links please

Yeah gunna leave the 10" on the front, gotta source a set from somewhere...
I guess it's personal preference, Being out of work will slow up the build pretty hardcore haha
I got the from dhz gpx 660's and the rear is a cheapy off eBay can't find it now haha but I did have to modify the bushes to fit the 12mm bolts and I got some new stainless bolts to suit too
I'll give dhz a buzz tomorrow about a set of wheels

The rims rocked up today!
I've sent them off to get new bearings, seals and to be fitted to the mx3s's,
I've sorted out some decent stainless bolts for the adapter plates for the sprockets and disc's should come up Micky! Should have some pictures by the end of the week! :)

Yeah sure is!
Keen as to finish off the wheels haha!
Waiting on some special bolts and the sprocket now... Ain't no thang but a chicken wang

image.jpg

Last edited:
looks good what you have so far it looks a little like the one bike my son as is frame on it is a crf50 with big wheel on it 17 front and 14 rear here is a pis of it pitty5.jpg

looks good what you have so far it looks a little like the one bike my son as is frame on it is a crf50 with big wheel on it 17 front and 14 rear here is a pis of it

Wow!!, surely that huge front wheel hits the head and bash plate when the suspension compresses????

Latest posts

Back