Bracing an AGB-29 for Jumps

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agitated Hellerphant

Reaction score
Hey Guys

This is the noobiest guy in this forum but I just bought two AGB-29's. One has been braced for jumping the other has not. I'm picking up the non-braced one on Sunday, and the braced one will be arriving via post next week.

Just wondering what I need to use to brace the other AGB? I have a mate who is a great welder so I'm sure he can help me out, but was hoping someone here can point me in the right direction

Thanks

Agitated Hellerphant

i aint helping you, you stole my worms championship :p hahahah...

nah honestly i dont quite know, ask seduce, he should be able to fill you in on what he did to the last one, pm's are great :)

good to hear you finally got it all sorted bro (purchasing and all)

Cheers, Tony.

HAHAHAHA TONY

That championship is mine....forever and ever and ever!

Yeah it's awesome...two bikes heading my way.....pretty pumped now! I can't sleep coz I keep dreaming of riding in the quarry lol

Hellerphant

hey dude is that the aluminium frame or the steel frame? coz if it is the steel frame you could get away with 20mm flat bar

Why are you bracing it, I have an AGB29 the main problem i have when jumping is bending the rear axle/swing arm. I have braced the swing arm but not the frame.

well it cant hurt to brace it anyway. steve maybe thats something you will want to look into, the swinger brace. see what happens first but do the frame anyway, cant hurt and will add fuk all to the weight.

GUYS ALL I DONE WAS CHOPPED OFF WHERE THE LOWER SHOCK MOUNTING LUGS ARE AND PUT A SOLID PLATE AROUND SWING ARM AND WELDED THEM BOTH ON TO SWING ARM BUT BEWARE THE SWING ARM IS ONLY 2MM THICK NOT GOOD HERE ARE SOME PICS
Picture038.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture036.jpg

aaaaahhhh steve you bought pj's bike, nice buy man, seems like a sweet ride.

So a 22mm flat bar will cover it do you think? So won't cost that much at all?
nah shouldnt cost much at all, just need a good welder, ive braced my orion pro series, coz i already broke a frame in half back in South Africa, always good to be safe than sorry, just weld the flat bar on the length underside the frame and where your rear shock mounts on the frame at the top under the seat.

I didn't know the extent of the crap quality these really cheap bikes are, its just scary how dangerous they are.

Just looking at the stress bends in seduces swingarm is a worry.

yea it is a bit, i would cut a plate and weld it over the whole bottom area surface just to make sure, ive seen thumpstars break in the same way, its not really the quality its the welders who weld these things together, they dont weld the full length of where they're supposed to, once its welded the quality of the bike isnt that bad

^^^ Maybe thumpstar copys you have, but there is no way you could do thats to a 05 thumpstars alloy swingarm.. they are like 6mm thick alloy.. not the soft tin can steal the agb's seem to have going on.

You could just tack weld the bike together and it'll hold up fine. Its not the weld that the issue with some of these bikes its the wall thickness on the so called metal they are using..

Latest posts

Back