brake pad stuck on brake disc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxxy_chick

Reaction score
hey all
ok easy question for most
but my brake pads are sticking to the brake disc, so when i ride its squeals a little there not pressed on too tight however i am unsure of how to adjust them

also when you follow the brake cable from the back up to where the rear suspension is theres the little glass circle where i pressume i should be able to see brake fluid? i cant see anything

any help would be great thanks

yes you should be able to see some fluid through the glass window if its a new bike and you havent changed the fluid in the brake lines most fluids they are shipped with are nearly clear so best way to check is to take the top off and look in there to see if there is any.

if the bike is new then the pads may just need to be worn in and form to the shape of the rotor and then they might stop sticking and squealing

hey thanks for the fast reply

the bike isnt new its a 2006 and i bought it off someone else just after christmas.
it went to the bike shop just before christmas for a service but i dont think that included a brake fluid check or replacement.

being that old would it still have the original oil in do you think?

any ideas about the brakes?

thanks

thanks all i checked the brake fluid and its all good i pulled apart the rear brake pads and put some grease in where it looked like it should have grease now the brakes are realesing properly

thanks

RC, good of you to post results.

Beware of old fluid. If ANY doubt do a full flush. The china brake systems are poor at keeping moisture out. Very quickly the fluid turns into corrosive crap and things start to jam up.

Good that you lubed up the slides. That's always the first thing to check if the calipers are not releasing. It can also be caused by old brake fluid. eg. the piston in the master cylinder on the other end sometimes does not return properly, so the pressure stays in the brake line.

Pads: Even cheap china pads can be great when new and kept clean. If your old ones seem uneven or contaminated then grind them off to get back to fresh material. Or just install new pads. Beware the clip retainers on some china calipers can be bit of a brain teaser so take note before you pop the pads out.

Determined that it would be best to purchase and install re-manufactured calipers.

Latest posts

Back