*Brakes Jamming*

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamah

Reaction score
Hi Guyz, Got new MotoVert Today,
As i Was Just out in shed then with Pocketbike,
I Jumped on The New Pitty Just to have a sit, Went to push forward And Realised That the Brakes Are Jamming on, And Causing Lots on friction on front Rotor And Disk... Its probs Something Small,

Anyone one Wana Shed some Light on this please...

Cheers, Regards Dreamah :)

Hi Dreamah,

First thing I would check is that the spacers are on the right sides. If they are fine then try bleeding the brakes. Good Luck I bet you're stinging for a ride.

yeah just crack the bleeder a few times, to let some of the excess brake fluid out.

This happened on my bike with the rear wheel ever since the bolt in the calliper fell out and the bolt that I put it didn't fit properly so the caliper was slightly out of place causing one of the pads to touch the disk, its probably not this but check it out anyway.

Thanks Guys,
Did what you sed un did bleeder about half turn, tightened, and was fine, Haha yea was dying for a ride. So took it out just before, WOW heaps of Power.. But about 5-10 mins of ridding i realised that the friction was back so Each time i changed it was jolt heaps...

So when i got home.. Did same again with bleeder... Im guessing this is going to re occur until i sort it out, anyone know what it could be??

Cheers Guyz.. Dreamah

i think its something to do with the motovert calipers or master cylinders... happened to my bike to on the rear, fluid wouldnt return. havent fixed it yet, but will demand it on warrenty when it goes in for service. at the moment im just running front brakes, just put a HUGE air bubble in the rear brake line.

Ohk Mate,
Yea i had it perfect And After 5-10 mins of ridding
it was so bad that changing Gear was a Huge Jerk.. So i rushed Home, And released the presure and it shot with a little oil.. And now there fine, Alot Softer Though I think a little to much may have come out..

i've heard it may be dirt and shit in the calipers but im pretty sure its my master cylinder not returning the fluid. it would only engage and stay engaged on my one if i tapped the back brake, but for the moment i just put a huge air bubble in it so if i do tap the back brake it just doesnt work.

????

Yea, Did it go back to normal if you released some pressure of bleed nipple?

Kos i might not have the same problem. But if i do whole brake system has to be send back to VIC...

Im guessing it may just be Air in line..
nah air is less dense than brake fluid meaning it would be less pressure than brack fluid. if u think its air in the lines bleed em.

Yea, Did it go back to normal if you released some pressure of bleed nipple?

Kos i might not have the same problem. But if i do whole brake system has to be send back to VIC...
yeah it released off when i did that, the only way i could get the thing to move...

Last edited:
Yeh motovert had a problem with some front brakes, my are doing it now too on my expert. I'm just gonna chuck the front brakes away and get some 4 spot ones.

Latest posts

Back