Brakes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jono3079

Reaction score
So I pulled out the Pitpro to do a bit of maintenance after not riding it for a few weeks, and the front brake was weak and laggy.

When I pulled it it didnt engage properly and was really weak. So as I got the tools to bleed it and fill it up I noticed it was fine again. Is it safe for the brakes to be this fiddly?

Also, while I'm here, my clutch seems to be stuffed. It hasn't been the same since I replaced the broken housing. It's just loose all the time no matter how much I try to tighten it, and I think it's not to do with the lever or cable, but down where the clutch connects to the engine.
Is the bit down the bottom spring loaded or something?

Cheers.

well if the brake now works i wouldn't be too worried =) id check it next time when your warming your bike up but don't be too worried ;)

so the clutch is loose like your cables too lone or something?? could be a different housing thats letting more cable through and has changed the feel or the leaver when you pull it in...

if it doesn't work then i'd one replace the leaver and housing then check and then change the cable and then worry about the internals =)

good luck

was there any change in the lever travel?
it is quite normal for the rotors to rust up a bit and when you first hit your brakes again they will be shocking, after about 5-10 stops they will come back to normal tho.
If there was a noticeable change in lever travel you may have a leak in your caliper or master cylinder, how is the fluid level?

Nope. Brakes are completely back to normal. I'll have a check. thanks.

as far as i know with clutches if you havent touched it then it shouldnt have slack! did you replace anything which required removing the clutch?

If you mean the internal clutch, then no. It's weird because it was tight for a little while then became irreversibly loose. No matter what I do it only half engages at best.

Theres a small crack in the cable plastic as a result of being bent, could that be it?

Latest posts

Back