Brand New Bike - No Spark

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BkD

Reaction score
My mate got a bike off Ebay a few days ago. It has almost gone through a whole tank of fuel. We turned it off for the day, then when I tried to start it the next day it fired a little and then stopped. I tried to start it again and nothing. It is electric and kick start, trying both ways doesn't work. I checked the plug in another bike and it sparks. I took the plug out and put it against the head still plugged into the lead, pressed the electric start and it makes no spark. Any ideas? I've been checking all the wiring and it seems fine, it's weird how it fired for a couple of seconds and now nothing.

might be ur CDI is stuffed or any water/mud/dirt in the connections.
my bike did a similar thing so i tried my mates cdi and it worked.

What's a CDI? I don't know heaps about Pitty's only owned a CR85.

cdi is where all ur wiring is on ur bike its normally like a little black box if ur cdi has got mud or water in it its most likely had it and u will probably have to buy a new one

So it's not the battery?
There's a black box that a plug goes into, it looks pretty clean.
The battery has a fair bit of mud on it, should I take it out and clean it up?

yer give it a good clean and yes that black box is ur cdi so give the battery a good clean up and then try kicking it over

i had a similar problem with a similar bike.rode it in the morning then after lunch tryed to start it and fired for 2 seconds then died.tried all the usual things like spark plug, swapping cdi, checking wiring and fuel filter and still wouldnt go. Luckily 2 mates are mechanics and brother is a autoelectrican so they swarmed all over it and an hour later problem was solved.what happened was the screw holding the earth from the stator came undone and stuck to the flywheel. must have been holding onto 1 thread and when i tryed to start it it popped off. Anyway thats something to check if all else fails. good luck and let us know how you go.[COLOR=brown ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][COLOR=brown ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]

and another bike had a wire in the kill switch break so maybe check that

Latest posts

Back