Break piston closed.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agressive1

Reaction score
Hey guys

I took of my front tyre and calliper the other day and by accidentally pressed the front brake. Now the piston from the calliper is closed.

How do i open it back up so i can put the tyre back on?

Thanks
Dean

wack a screw driver in between the back of the brake pads and the piston and wedge it open
be carefull not to damage your brake pads

this will teach you to hit the brakes while the wheels not on

he he he he

What he said.

This exact ting happens to heaps of new riders, they rip open the top of the box and cant help themselves and play with the levers and throttle.

Cass38a

Im not a new rider i have been in the game since i was 5 years old. And i wasnt buiilding the bike strait out from the cart.

Thanks for the help will give it a try.

dude dont take my fence (keeps the neighbours out)
but shouldn't you know better since you been in the game for so long
like thats the first thing i learn't the first time i took a wheel off

but hey these things happen

Yer i know that it would happen but i just walked past the bike and without realising pressed the break. It was like a reaction that i didnt do but my body did hahaha. And i was like shit thats soft and then im like F*ck.

I tried what was told and nothing was solved. Im not to worried about it anyway as i want to bring the bike to a bike shop with my other bike so they can change the break fluid and give my other bike a service because it just had a rebuild.

hey mate
look in the tutorial section, I have made a how to on bleeding brake fluid.
If your doing your brake fluid at the same time you should be able to crack the brake bleed and the brake piston should push back easier.
Only reason it may not push back is if you have popped the piston all the way out of the calipier

Hahahah I think everyone has done this before. Did it too my old cr80 back in the day.

Latest posts

Back