Breaking in a new engine - pot stir...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep thats how i broke in the new hiace diesel by thrashing the crap out of it and give my boss commodore the biggest flogging it will ever cop the day he got it

yeh i go by that, and its the best way!
just remember not to go near limiter and to warm engine up and to change your oil asap

isnt there allready a thread here sayin the same thing?

but yeah my mate just got a new motor in his hiace and i got him to read that thread.

when i get my new bike im going to use that method.

have always used this method. 2 strokes and 4 strokes. keep off the limiter, make sure you use every gear, and keep the bike in optimum operating temps. not too hot, not too cold. never dropped piston yet.

Putting around slowly for hours on end just wont do the job. Ride hard, dont hold revs up for long or too high and do alot of engine braking. Hill climbs are always good for running your motor in too.

Read the tech section guys... This is very old news as has been discussed/debated many times already on here :p

If you want something that goes against the grain, sign up for the mototune newsletter and read his advice on porting ;)

Latest posts

Back