breaking my ankle!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newby140

Reaction score
Need help!! Im new to bikes and having alot of trouble trying to start my prox 140, agressive kickback has me worried everytime I try. Can anyone help?

find top dead centre

if you dont you will get the kick back

you will also kill kick start gears in the lifan to

use the search button i reckon theres about 50 threads on the subject

good luck

We have two proX 140's and they do Kick back hard from the factory. Tried the TDC trick with little luck. These bikes are jetted way too lean which only makes the kick back worse.

I have recently changed the main jet to a 105# and unscrewed the idle mixrure screw ( the one under the carby and almost impossible to get to) by about another 1/2 turn on one of the bikes.

This mellowed down the kick back alot, and it will now start second kick when cold and first kick when hot.

We no longer feel like we are going to break and ankle.

I hope this helps

get it to tdc which is the hard spot, push it just past slowly then let the kicker come back up and give it a solid kick! this way you have 0 chance of kick back and it starts eazily and will save your kick start gears

dont think youd have much luck breaking ya ankle on a pit bike

yes, finding top-dead center is everything on a 4-stroke, my XR650R is a kickstart-only bike with no auto-decompression, just get it slightly past TDC, let the kick up and give it a firm kick all the way down and it fires right up everytime with no hassle, this works on all 4-strokes with proper jetting.

someone really should make a video on proper start-up procedure, I see people everywhere complain about broken kick-start gears, kick-back and hard starting so a lot of people are doing something wrong.

Pre load the kick start so the gears are meshed so you don't dammage them, push it down untill you get to top dead centre, give it a quick kick and remove your foot.

Latest posts

Back