****breather kit leaking oil****

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTMKID

Reaction score
Hey guys i just put on my new valve cap for the breather kit and started up my bike and noticed oil coming out so what do i do????

coming out of were?? the cap... is the o-ring on it? the breather tube... is it on the top valve cover? if so, how much oil is in the motor or is the rear end of your bike way higher than the rear? ...........

hay mate, sorry i didnt answer in msn, at work and when the phone rings you better not let those adelaide adults wait, their a vicious bunch haha..

anyway you dont have your breather pipe connected, if you think about it the oil is moved around by massive ammounts of air pressure, especially in the head, this taken into consideration its only natural for it to spit out some oil from time to time, this is were the breather pipe comes into play. you make it so the pipe runs up high to the petrol tank, then runs down the body of the bike and out the back, this makes it so if the oil spits it cant run all the way up the pipe and out of your engine. with this pipe connected it also means that there is a possibility that you could get some dirt into the head of the bike, 2 quick alternatives, 1. look into a small filter for the end of the pipe like DaBomb is running on his bike OR 2. get a stocking and with a rubber band slip it over the tube and fix down, rubber band works well but the adjustable metal grips for pipes work even better. either method will work fine.

hope this clears up your oil troubles for ya mate. oohh and if it is a constant stream of oil coming out then there might be something wrong there, maybe too much oil in the bike to begin with but i dont think this is the problem. good luck mate, let us know how you go.

Cheers, Tony.

the only way it will leak oil is if its on the exuast valve cover
or uve got way to much oil in.
or the bike was upside down.

Na guys it aiight now, it just coz i had no breather tube on it so yeh:D

Back