Brendos Stocker

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8r3nd0

Sinister 50's
Reaction score
Hey guys at it again and after a lot of thought decided to buy myself a nice little stocker.
So I ended up selling my van a few weeks ago to help pay for baby stuff and put some aside for a stocker I had my eye on.
Drove 4hrs to go pick it up and paid $900 which wasn't a bad little deal considering what it had on it, famous last words.

The day I got it
3829f98cb62d0c15a8bc874b477b15c2.jpg

a2a77d746ef09ddf0f2dea59d9d4acae.jpg

Has fast50 speed pipe, fast50 +1 legs, fast50 barclamp, sik50 throttle, red barron seat, fiveo seat cover and a few other nice bits.
So I got it home and learnt a quick lesson on not trust anyone and I should of known better to check it all over.
First up there was play in the forks so got told to check the bushes and soon realized the top bolt that bolts the clamp and fork had striped the thread and was only just sitting there. So I ordered new top spring holders and fast50 bushes to freshen up the front end.
I ended up ordering a few other parts to freshen her up like a takegawa hyper coil, fast50 bash plate, unifilter, new sprockets, chain, rear tyre and tube, plastics, grips, two brothers rear brake pedal, fast50 shifter, Red Baron fuel cap and cam cover.

17c0d386f83c1cd51b692d3862c10f3b.jpg

Now this is when I discovered the JB weld, yes JB weld lol. I started to put the bash plate on when I was like wtf is that. The centre case had been cracked and re welded, the weld was good but whoever done it had warped the case. They realized they had a leak at the back of the cases so decided to just JB weld the hell out of it like a dodgy so and so.
bdfc33f946858589c35072167d4c28f2.jpg

8faf4a3f9f2a79692b30959abba3d6f6.jpg

Soon as I saw it I msg'd Mr Bean and have decided to send it up to him to split the cases and fix it for me and while his at it freshen it up with a new piston and rings.
I can tell you I was not a happy chappy when I first saw it, but now it is just a case of get over it and move on, didn't budget for it but well **** happens sometimes hey.
Hopefully get a chance to send it up to him next week and he can fix it.
In the mean time I can fix everything else on it and hopefully have it back together for the second round of the Seaview triple crown.
This is how it sits for now.
e9db878a351645a92abd0dcb8b69f064.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Holy crap Brendo. No offence mate but how did you miss that?? lol

I don't know if your better off just getting new cases or an entire bottom end?

Apart from that she is coming up a treat!! :)

Will be a nice little stocker when you have finished.

It's actually in a hard spot to see, underneath and between the frame, yeah yeah I should of checked it out better, but asked a million questions before I drove up and his known to the mini community, so when looking at it a bit of trust was involved I guess, reckons he didn't patch it but I just get fed "I dunno" from each person along the list that had the bike. It's fixable it's only the gasket not sealing so don't need cases.
Defiantly learnt my lesson with this one.

Shame about the engine case
But on the brighter side it's got everything already on it , and everything is painted , frame , forks and swingarm
What rear shock is in it & is the frame already strengthened ?

Yeah Jas the frame is strengthen, it's got a dnm in it, originally told me it had an Ishock then I get there and it's a Dnm? It's hard as hell, thinking an adjustable Fastace on a budget, and all depending on what Bean finds and needs to fix if he can't fix it I dunno what I'm gonna do.

Getting there slowly, the master himself Bean is fixing my engine at the moment and the parts are slowly rolling in. Picked up a fox float for cheap as the other night after doing a late night drive to Sydney.
Decided I wanted black wheels on a budget too lol.
ed12b262409e28586359e9e65d974cec.jpg
c4ce47d43883882b890ccbd86540b7b0.jpg

Pretty much finished. Got the donk back after a rebuild and new centre case that Bean had laying around, that bloke is an absolute legend can't thank him enough.
Anyways as most things go with bikes most of the things needed some slight modding to fit.
So after replacing the front end bushes with fast50 bushes, new retainers and fixing up a few things it's now solid.
Moved onto the cradle mount I got off egay and damn it was funky, all out of shape. But I managed to fix it and fit it to the donk before throwing it in the bike and even the fast50 bash plate needed modding a bit to get it to fit the way I wanted it.
Anyways here it is ready to roll.

476e6a61746aeb21d26aab48d5336908.jpg
34110f953ff7bf6277e614d6e32db976.jpg

Looks the goods now! Ready to line up with rest of the stocks Seaview that be fun
I bring my 50 have some battles be good fun!

Can't wait to bump shoulders with ya Shearer, bring it on.

Yeah not bad Jase, I got a mate that's a mobile auto repairer that fixes dents and spray jobs, his sprayed multiple parts of his own bikes that I've stickered up so got him to do it properly on the BBR plate and that turned out sick, but this plate was done by me a bit dodge like and I'm not trusting it to stay looking good for very long lol. The plastic paint sticks but feels like it's drying hard so also feels like it's going to crack off, not really concerned thou.

That shape looks so much better than the old ice cream lid
I wish acerbis or polisport would bring out different colours

Latest posts

Back