Broady Track (Melbs)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutters

Reaction score
G'day all,

Just visited broady track this arvo. It seems to be looking real good. I haven't ridden there in a good 3 years (riding a YZ 250), and it seems to have changed heaps.

Who has been there lately riding their mini/mid sized bikes? Have you gotten out on the main track? Is it good riding for the smaller bikes?

Hey mate,

I have headed out there a few times on the big bike and the vert. She goes all right on the big tack but you get muscled around a bit. It's not really that great for midsize bikes IMO. The Intermediate track is pretty cool for midsize. It just doens't have quite as good jumps.

Ahh cheers motovertman.

Not that great because you get muscled or not that great for other reasons (jumps too big, surface not great)?

Not too fussed about gettin muscled, all the more reason to polish up the skills perhaps and show some of the bigger bikes up. That be nice ay!

yeah big bike ruts make for hard work on the big track at broady

but most of the jumps a achieveable apart from the big table up the back and the long doubles before ya go down the hill bit scary

i've had a crack at the main table top but cased the back wheel and nearly come off hard al tank slappy and stuff but thats was when the fly over was there

Both. The muscled around bit (it's alright if you get there early but when there are 100+ riders all on the track at the same time it sucks). The jumps aren't suited for mini's. Don't really have the runup to clear some of them. Always fun giving them a crack.

That double down the back was the only thing I didn't give a crack. Looking at your ramps skills though, you would easily have the balls to give it a crack. It's a cool jump. My mate did it on his YZ250, flat landed and went through the fence at the end!! Pisser.

Would be cool to show the big bikes up. Unfortunately though there are some really mad ass racers out there that eat you for breakfeast!! haha. Awesome to watch though.

I am with you motovertman. The doubles were the only thing I haven't tried there also (YZ250). Had a nice get-off on that back ttop from an unexpected gust of wind, broken bones resulted. I havent ridden a midsize there yet, hence my questioning!

Definately impressive to watch good riders. Can be intimidating whether you're on a big bike or not.

Point to note, Ston3y has posted some nice footage of the front table top being cleared by a midsize under 'Vic riding spots'

Thanks guys

i should be here saturday about lunch time, see you there

dam gotta work

missed ya last week man ended up in yarra junction

will have to catch up soon hey

Bugger, am workin also.

Hopin to get there sun morn if weather permits...

it was a good day riding, that track takes it out of ya but i needed it.
The big bike track is tuff as, i had a go a nearly killed myself lol

Good day out a broadie today, heaps of good riders out. Spent most of the day on the big track. First time I've been out there for years, and last time it was on a big bike. Bloody small bikes handle a lot differently. Bumpy as!

Great time tho...

Latest posts

Back