broke my lower trippleclamp

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brybry57

Reaction score
I broke my lower tripple clamp today and I am wondering what fork set up is the strongest and best all around for around 200 usd or under hopefully under.

I have a 10 inch wheel with a 15mm axle it seems like all axles in high proformance forks are 12 mm can I just swap wheel bearings to make mine fit a 12mm axle?

I may upgrade to a 12 inch front but with this problem it will be on hold for a little.

I am using a crf50 style frame thanks.

Attachments

• Photo 19.jpg
    Photo 19.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 29
Oh man that is nasty.

But what do you mean it seems all high performance forks run 12mm? i think it's the other way around dude.

gday mate ihave pair of fast ace forks which take 15mm axle.
and a pair of fast ace wannabes which take 12mm axle.
as far as i know u cant replace 15mm bearings with 12mm or vice versa. a 12mm bearing would swim inside the wheel.

how did u brake your clamp anyway.

well i was cranking up this up hill sweeping corner 4th gear like 3/4 throttle and hit a kicker and went over the bars stright in to the hard dirt bank (like 2 foot high) so it was like hitting a wall and somthing had to give, my fork legs are way thinner than what thoes clamps take, but thanks to all for the help, i realise that my forks are cheap and that stuff happent to lil bikes but i wanted to upgrade but not go all out because I do not need the best and money is kinda tight when I just bought other parts not expecting this to happen. ( i thnk my forks legs were 33mm but i will doubble check)

Latest posts

Back