broken tibia :(

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayke

Reaction score
hey guys i came off the pitty and have broken my tibia(bone in my leg just under my knee) 3 big old cracks through the bone, im in a full leg cast and and just trying to manage through the days. im just wondering if anyone else has broken there leg and has any advice and how long till they were back on the pitty? and the bike came out better than i did and few bent things, awell the dhz held up! cheers
jayke

Sorry to hear that Jayke .
takes the fun out of it for shore braking bones :( , i havent broken leg before . most brakes they talk about 6 to 8weeks before can do to much!

All the best for speedy recovery jayke :)

Yeah Jayke. Been there, and it aint too much fun. I did both legs in one year, 5 months apart. I rode again after 6 weeks the first time, but it takes a while before you get strength and confidence in leg again. Dont rush it, you will know when it feels ready and can ride again.

swapper once you got out of your cast how long till your leg was fully recovered? showers are a never ending struggle! haha

damn man, sounds like you need to have a bath instead of showers, keep that leg up. Has it been okay or the leg been giving you grief mate.

Feel your pain mate broke my collarbone last weekend and it's just one big hassle. 6-8 is the usual for bones but then some physio is usually required to regain strength that you will lose from not using your leg. Good luck with it all!

Honestly Jayke, it was probably a couple of months before it felt back to normal again, and had full confidence with full strength in it. Yeah, dont remind me on how bad having showers are. Probably the worst part. I was lucky, with one of the times going to a moon boot after 3 weeks. That makes it so much better

sucks heaps Jayke,
i know how you feel, i didnt do my leg tho, snapped my distal radius and distal ulna on my right arm about an inch behind the wrist, so it looked like i had two wrists and hand was backwards,
showering was a challenge but we all make it through with a few laughs, 6 weeks may seem like a long time but you cant rush these things, you would rather heal properly than have an agrivating injury for life
you lose alot of strength in a short period of time
you should be back on the bike in no time puttin around :D

yeah rotn but my cast comes up to about 3 inches below my hip so i wouldnt be able to sit in it haha, its only the crap feeling knowing you cant do anything haha awell all in the name of pittys!

it sucks aye, 5-6 weeks ago i snapped growth plate in half and a piece of bone cracked off the end of the tibia (above the growth plate). Doctor didn't want to put me in a cast because within a week i had nearly full movement of the ankle, but could not put weight on it until the 4th week and walking around now and hope to be riding in a 1 or 2 weeks.

got it on Gopro too

GoPro Hero 2 - Mt Kembla Round 6 Crash Broken Ankle - YouTube

Latest posts

Back