BSE 160 Motard Conversion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with 180mm disks, will be upgrading when I do my brake upgrade.

Cheers for the comments, pretty happy with it. Looking forward to going for a spin, pity it's raining this weekend :(

You might wanna change those bars over quick smart, the slightest little crash will ruin those in no time ha ha..
I have almost the same bike as you and I've motarded mine up, I think I have a few pictures.

Bought a new carbi & 1/4 throttle, suspension front & rear, bigger master cylinder to suit my massive four pot front caliper & over sized discs.
That's all I've gone with for now and she's proven to be a beast :)

Last edited:
That's awesome Norway, after seeing my brakes up close I noticed how crappy the are lol, so will def be looking to upgrade.

I like the idea of running two calipers up front for equal braking pressure on the disks. I'll be considering doing that mod once the cash fund regenerates lol.

That's awesome Norway, after seeing my brakes up close I noticed how crappy the are lol, so will def be looking to upgrade.

I like the idea of running two calipers up front for equal braking pressure on the disks. I'll be considering doing that mod once the cash fund regenerates lol.

While twin fronts look good and give you hard on, not to mention bragging rights.. personally i think they are over kill. i was considering this once but i think with a good single front setup you wouldnt need the twins..not to mention you need two sets of forks for the conversion so theres $$ you could be saving and putting towards a killer single setup, not bad if your running cheap chinas but if you wanna run zochies of the such it could become expensive.

A good front brake suggestion is this

Same levers as mine but with the killer rotor and Brembo calliper.

hell yeah, that looks awsome! droooool

That would be a massive cost though, but like you said it would be cheaper than two sets of decent quallity forks. I take it you are using two pot calipers on your set up?

Another question, has anyone came accross a bike shop "in australia" that sells the carbon fiber look alike plastics for chinese bikes?

I have only found one place that does so far on ebay and they are in Hong Kong.
"i preffer to support Australian workshops rather than sending my $$$ overseas".

Thanks for the help minifighter "and the bars", you have been great!

Dan

Thats awesome Dozer.

I'll have to post pics of mine up now i have the Internets again.

Only got phone pics so i'll do some decent ones. This has g'd me up now... i should bring it to work and ride around in the car park.

Thats awesome Dozer.

I'll have to post pics of mine up now i have the Internets again.

Only got phone pics so i'll do some decent ones. This has g'd me up now... i should bring it to work and ride around in the car park.

Hhhahaha, cheers mate, yeah i know the feeling.

Every time i get on here "which is alot lately" i want to go for a ride lol.

So manny awsome looking bikes and advice on here that it kleeps ya pushing to finish the job.

Now i have to focus on acumulating funds so i can get it all done "bit hard as we just bought our first home". mmmm priorities, lol.

The house can wait!.... ohhh crap the mrs is comming :eek::bolt:

bahahahaha run away! Yeah thats life man... priorities.

Both my bikes have just been sitting there waiting...doing nothing.. sux balls.
I'm a bad mechanic though cause every single time i try to fix it i make it worse and crack it! I'll get there one day.

I'll chuck up some pics soon. You're looks hot. Dont think my 140 will keep up.

bahahahaha run away! Yeah thats life man... priorities.

Both my bikes have just been sitting there waiting...doing nothing.. sux balls.
I'm a bad mechanic though cause every single time i try to fix it i make it worse and crack it! I'll get there one day.

I'll chuck up some pics soon. You're looks hot. Dont think my 140 will keep up.

hahahhaa, yeah... I had a moment lastnight, all kinds of loud profanities came from the shed when i knocked the bike over lol.

Its because i had no rumbo can in my right hand, my balance was off.

Thanks for the comment bout the bike.... if all goes to plan it should have the stylings of a stealth bomber within a few months :)

And as far as keeping up i think ya would, "maybe not on the straights", in stock form this bike is very close to the 140's, got a mate with a Atomik 140cc bike and it keeps up with me most of the time, the only time i pull away from him is on the long straights.

Show us ya bike when ya get the chance, would be good to see another tard.

Dan

Last edited:
Just a bad phone pic i can show now untill i get proper pics.

This is when i first got it and put the wheels on.

DHZ 140. Got oko carb etc.. just not on it yet.

Attachments

• motard.JPG
    motard.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
the bike that is.

lol,hahahaha...

Shes a sweet looking bike from what i can see.

Im hanging to get the OKO carb, seems to be the best mod by far for these things.

Cant believe you have parts sitting there and ya havent fitted it :action-smiley-018:

I couldnt do that, maybe i just get excited too much :duhman:

cheers.

Yeah i'm shocking.. i was doing the brakes and had dramas so i cracked it and left it. I'll have a go again soon. Had the flu for 2 weeks so been out of action.

See if i get time next week. I've almost kicked the bike over when i cant get something right... dumb!

if your old enough to drink then feed the frustration with a few cans of the big white bear,lol. keeps me going.

if not, then i suppose get a punching bag lol

31.. should know better!

the bag cops it dont worry.

Its going to look nuts.

Put a chainsaw on it. mad max styling.

hell yeah.... memo to self, +1 chainsaw

Ditch the carbon fibre look plastic, it will look like shit after a couple of rides (or one crash), just go with black. I'd also recommend a decent Uni filter in place of the silly looking pod, it will offer much improved air flow which you'll need if you get an OKO :)

Dual exhausts, as mentioned, are more wank factor that performance... Get a decent system from Akunar, he can build you a custom to the specs of your bike; well worth it (especially if you mod the engine).

Not a fan of lighting on a race bike personally, it's just another thing to break. However, rice mobiles amuse me, so go for it! ;)

Before you go nuts buying bigger/better brakes and upgrading things, get out on a track and ride the bike. You might find that the brakes that are on it will be fine until your riding improves :)

Back