Budget build help!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biohazard58

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a 2005 crf50 allready has a takegawa 88cc big bore kit, joker tall handlebars, bbr hd fork springs, bbr heavy rear shock spring. And me n some buddies are really getting into the mini stuff. We have been building a track the past fiew days with a bobcat. I'm pleased with the power for now. But I think the suspension needs upgraded cuz it's bottoming out pretty hard on some jumps. I'm 22 n I weigh 140 lbs. I race side by sides professionally and build them so I fully understand all the tech stuff.
I just don't know how good each product is. But I mainly look at bbr stuff But my question is since I'm not racing in organized events or nothing how good of stuff do I need? Like which forks and rear shock would do good for me and not bottom? And should I get a new swing arm? I was looking at the fox float for the rear but would just a shock do it? So what should my next mod be? Thanks guys.

the above fork kit looks to be non adjustable so dialing in the suspension might be a bit hard..
look just like ya standard china grade stuff

Ya they arn't adjustable depends how much of a budget you have.

Im only running a fox float and +1 legs and springs and it sits alright but i be looking out for a +2 swingarm though.

You should get the Fox float first, compared to a stock shock it's like night and day so much smoother. After that, if you think you need more forks and a swingarm would be next

Hope that helps

thanks for the replys guys. i had been looking at the bbr sp-5 kit but i think the piranha kit looks better since it includes everything. and is upsidedown forks. but i would like some adjustability and does the fox float resist bottoming well and will it fit on aftermarket swingarms when i go to buy one later on?

You an always change the oil weight in the forks to adjust them a bit. The fox float will work with most A-Style aftermarket swingarms.

Heres Cash's crf (sweet set-up by the way)
Zocchi's, +4 swinger and Fox Float
6f9f3b6f.jpg

that look's sweet! it handle jumps well? what forks,swingarm is that and where can i get them?

Last edited:
it's not mine, it is has crf50 marzocchi shiver forks, +4 sano swingarm, fox float, 12/10 wheels and i think a billetware frame. Sweet set-up, hoping my bike had the same. I have marzocchi's on my motovert they feel like your on a big bike the amount of travel you get, and i have a fox float on my drz70 and you just cant compare a stock shock to it.

You can buy most of them from Faster-Minis - Pitbikes Minis Fiddy XR50 XR70 CRF50 CRF70 TT-R90 KLX110 DRZ110

not sure about the swingarm though

i looked at the marzocchis but there just so dang expensive for a playbike. is there any more cost effective alternatives? adjustability would be nice and it would be great to have the big bike feel. but i just cant drop 1k into forks for it

couldnt tell ya never owned either

Where you from anyway

ANY MORE IDEAS GUYS? i need some suspension baddd we been riding our track a bit and its bottoming baddd i can hear it smack when i land. and woops are a huge nono ive went down from it botttoming more times than i can count. i do have a aftermarket rear shock its a pro wheel and stiffer fork springs but there not cutting it at all.

Latest posts

Back