Build a race motor

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the coments guys.......love quads.

As you can see in the background of the pics I race full size quads so thats why I have a "pit quad" instead of a pit bike.

Used to race bikes but quads are more fun and the people are less serious.....

I have a cam on the way and a high comp 54mm piston. Dont know about doing the IRK mod as it makes the engine easier to stall and I need the rotating mass for the heavier drive train.

Next week I race it in "Jumbos", the quad version of pit bike racing. :D will post report after I win....cough cough. yeah sure

Don't waste ya money on anything chinese. It'll break. Get your self a crf 50 motor and put a Kitaco 108 SE Ultrea kit in it . It is a 52mm bore x 51mm stroke and has a great balance of torque and power. No Chinese bombed motor will get close to it, The availability of hop up parts for crf motors is great and there is no beating japanese technology and maching. A complete 108 kit with carb and close ratio gearbox will cost about $2300 and a crf motor will cost about $6-700 and that will be the poo.

Well.....I'm hearing ya; but dont want to shell out $3k + when I have spent a total of $600 so far and am pretty happy with what I've got. I just cant see a Kitaco 108 being 5 times as good........or 5 times as strong for 5 times the price. The close ratio gearbox set for my motor is $89 US. I will get great satisfaction in doing more with less.

Most of my stuff is Honda, dont kid yourself Jap stuff breaks too.

his quad so far is awsome. when you get the other parts it should be wicked, try get a vid and more pics! cheers!!!

it would be 5 times stronger. Its not hard to be stronger than cheese.

Got a pee wee 80 2 stroke out the back if you wanna go that way......Whatever you end up doing give those pompous arses a lesson in can do .....sounds like it's overdue.

Latest posts

Back