Build Your Own Pitty

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like no fear said... its like putting lego together, once you got the gist its not the hardest thing to accomplish

I think the most important part of your assembly is the frame geometry. This is the frame, swinger, forks and shock. Match that all up nicely and the rest should fall into place. This is going to determine how the bike sits and handles. Things to watch would be how the swinger angle is going to affect the chain running.
As I raced through on the first posts grabbing parts off ebay just to get the thread started I overlooked a few obvious things. For example, that pipe is not going to go with that twin spar frame. You need a BBR style pipe to match a BBR style frame. So I reckon if you're gonna do it start with the chasis assembly and work it up from there.
As far as pricing goes...certain upgraded parts are gonna increase the value a lot more than others. CNC alloy is nice but that's where a lot of $$$ can be spent. Some CNC parts you could just call bling, but not others. CNC hubs for example are dear but heaps better than even some of the other alloy ones getting around. The spoke ends seat correctly and won't loosen and come at a wider angle for strength. Also they should be 32 spoke. I think a lot of blokes are gonna be snapping spokes before too long, and constantly tightening them. Once your rear end starts to loosen your rim is buckled before you know it. A good, strong, balanced rear set up is crucial for good handling under hard riding.
All in all, I'd say the project would be worth it only if you want to build a higher end pitbike.

Latest posts

Back