Buying a car interstate and bringing it to vic

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hrmm well this was 2006 when I brought my car from nsw... but surely it hasn't changed a hole heap. I'm sitting in a room with someone who works at vicroads and they said "you deserve plus reps as vicroads website is so messed up and misleading anyone that makes sense of it is my idol" lol. But he don't seem to think I was jibbed with double stamp duty... but he works in accounts so he knows nothing.. he takes your money and whip his arse with it.. they get paid way to much in that place!

You can tell us what happens Kingers when you get your car!

ok cheers mate that makes things a bit easier for me

+ reps for you

Go have that drink you deserve it, lol

OK, I managed to get a drink or two in... No sleep Sat night and drinking all the way through until 3 last night. I love having Monday's off :aetsch:

I'm sitting in a room with someone who works at vicroads and they said "you deserve plus reps as vicroads website is so messed up and misleading anyone that makes sense of it is my idol" lol.

ROFL, so true!

Forgot to mention too... The WOVR is a national database; if a car is written off in QLD, it's written off in all states :)

You can run a free check on the Vicroads site and if you are worried you can pay for a protection certificate. Basically it's a guarantee protecting you in case the car is registered on the WOVR after you purchase it... It'll protect you from liability, stop the cops taking it off you and give you grounds for a refund ;)

Stamp duty is purely revenue raising... Same as you pay tax when you buy a house or make money on the share market really. As with all other taxes, you only pay once :p

Forgot to mention too... The WOVR is a national database; if a car is written off in QLD, it's written off in all states :)

You can run a free check on the Vicroads site and if you are worried you can pay for a protection certificate. Basically it's a guarantee protecting you in case the car is registered on the WOVR after you purchase it... It'll protect you from liability, stop the cops taking it off you and give you grounds for a refund ;)

If hes buying from a dealer he will be fully covered against all that so paying for any security/protection checks would be a waste of money. On the other hand if buying privately then those checks should definitely be done.

car in vic has just popped up on car sales so i might not need to go to qld :D Not sure if im a fan of the colour though, maroon...

Latest posts

Back