Buying a new motor for an old bike..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norway

Reaction score
Lost my licence the other week so I figured I should probably find something to keep myself busy for the next 3 months..

My little brothers old minibike is sitting in the corner of the garage gaining dust & cob webs, the whole thing is almost completely rooted so I figured I might bring it back to life.. Maybe even make a little project out of it :)

Gonna start with dropping a new donk in because
A, he ran it with no zorst or air filter for more than 6 months B, it never had an oil change in its life since he had it & C, he managed to rip the magneto sensor completely off...
I'm gonna pull the motor appart eventually and see what damage he's done but for now I wanna get it moving and see what else needs replacing

I wanted your opinion on what I should put in it.. I was thinking maybe a lifan/zongshen 140 from dhz... It's not going to be raced or anything, probably end up letting my sister ride it just to prove a point to my smartass little brother :applaudit:
Any known problems with either of them?
Any reason to get one more than the other?

I'll try to get some pictures this weekend to show you the destruction... thats if I can get out to my Ma's place :11doh:

Cheers yall!
Hayden

Maybe good for a laugh.. Cry even?

So I wasn't completely killed at soundwave yesterday so I was able to get out to my ma's place after sitting around at a bus stop for 2 hours.
The Gold Coast public transport system is a joke... but that's another story :frustrated:

I had to really laugh when my little brother said he wanted to be there when I pulled it appart, but ran away as soon I walked it out of the garage to get a good look... Can't say I really blame him, he's ruined the bike ten fold.

Brakes... nil... zip. nadda. Nothing at all..
The rear brake lever had even been pulled off :congrats:
Exhaust had been snapped too.. I was there the day he stacked trying to show off to our neighbor. It was freakin hilarious if nothing else.
Rear sprocket had been eaten beyond good use.
Carb was in pieces by the time I got to it (butterfly clip and needle were missing).. When I asked him about it he said he was trying to fix it???

So I got to work pulling the engine out... I never would have thought taking off two nuts would be such a S#%t fight. The rear mounting bolt had thread, wasn't so luck for the nut though. Ended up having to bash the bejeebus out of both of them with a hammer to dislodge them.,
Gave it a quick spray with the hose and pulled it appart...
I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking :laughing-smiley-002 :laughing-smiley-002
Keep in mind that all motor pictures were taken immediately after being pulled appart..
'The General' Photo Album.

So I've decided there's really nothing at all worth salvaging from the bike.. So the build won't be going ahead :(

Latest posts

Back