Buying a Rim Lock ... Help Plz

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

140_addict

Reaction score
My tire reads 80/100-12 for its size... but i dont have spoons to take the tire off yet... will have them soon....

Ahp Minis

would this be suitable?

or...

Ahp Minis

??

thanks in advance ! =)

- Addict

I am in the states.... and that didnt answer the question lol.... i still dont know which size i need...

Last edited:
I am in the states.... and that didnt answer the question lol.... i still dont know which size i need...

lol sorry bout that.

The tyre size doesnt matter because its the rim size that you need it to fit (hence the name rim lock :D). So if your rim is 1.6 then any 1.6 rim lock will do.

well i cant get the tire off to check the rim size but the rim is a 12" rear....

It should have the size engraved on the side of the rim. Something like 1.85x12 or 1.6x12.

ooooo ima go check... i hope this is engraved... with the china piece i got who knows whats there.... it may be written in china LOL

It should have the size engraved on the side of the rim. Something like 1.85x12 or 1.6x12.

it was not engraved !!!! =( i dont know which size to get but i will go get some pics really fast with a tape and ruler for comparison and opinions if that helps... =(

IMG00405.jpg

IMG00406.jpg

it is about 2 & 3/4 inches wide or just under 70mm wide.... 12 " rim

and now that i been looking around i found this too....

* Rim lock - GPXEngines.com

so makes me wonder if the size of the lock matters too much?

Last edited:
yes mate 1 size fits all sort off , mini size that is , you wont really need 1 for the front but a rear is a must

best o luck , personally go to your nearest bike tyre fitter and have them do it , it is only cheap and keeps money local

well i will have to order one because i have asked around and nobody has them on hand but they too can order one, i just saw a few that had different sizes next to them on some site and got cautious lol !

I will order one for the rear and have it installed by the local bike shop this weekend when i get payed again, I have a flat atm so when i have them fix that with new tube ill have them install the lock for me too =)

while im at it im gonna put a 90 deg throttle cable on there too for now because my 1/4 turn is the TB one and i didnt realise how much better the 90 deg really works with it LOL... thanks for the help tho guys !!

Last edited:
Pretty much one size does fit all so if you got a 1.6 laying around you can use it on a 1.8 rim but when buying a new one you might as well get the correct size.

There should be a stamp or engraving of the rim size somewhere on the rim, sometimes its very hard to see. I suppose though we are talking about Chinese rims so anything is possible.

Latest posts

Back