Buying an '06 CRF250R

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 21036

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I might be able to pick up a CRF250R for $1500-$1600. The valves need to be done and also maybe the fork seals.

Just asking, will I be able to get away with just shimming the valves..? I will not be riding the bike hard at all but lots of threads suggest you only get 1-3 rides out of shimming valves, whereas other people suggest up to 12 months?

I'd just be putting new valves in. Also i'd reccomend checking the cam out. Mate had one, got the valves done as it was running rough and a ***** to start. Ended up pulling it back down after the valves were done as the problem/s persisted and found the cam to be missing a couple of mm on each lobe.

at the age of the bike replace the valves

speek to motorman he will put you onto the good ones

Thanks for all the replies, He said someone else was going to have a look at it and will probably buy it so thats a bit of a bummer.
I thought it would just be as simple as adjusting valves on a pit bike....

I won't be riding the bike hard at all, If I were to buy it what are the cheapest valves available?

Does it still sound like an alright deal even if the valves need to be done and it's a bit hard to start?

If you want to get out of it cheaply then no it's not a good deal.

$400 is the absolute minimum just to get the parts and another $500 worth of labour to get them installed as well.

I would pass. You will get something else without the valved problem for 3 grand or so.

Latest posts

Back