Buying first bike help, couple of questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gome

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I would believe this has been asked many times over, but the questions I am about to ask are a little different.

I am after my first mini bike, I've had bikes for a while and am in the process of upgrading from an XR250 to a DHZ400 now but I'm after a mini bike to kick around for fun and to teach the girlfriend to ride (without killing herself).

I've been considering the Pitpro 125cc RR or the DHZ DPRO 125 as my 2 bikes of choice.

My first question is, has anyone had luck in fitting a bike of their size into the back of a station wagon? I drive a Falcon wagon and would like to be able to fit in in the boot, I'm hoping ill just have to remove the front wheel and possibly fold the bars flat?

Secondly, has anyone picked up a bike from the Pitpro Derrimut warehouse? I would ideally like to buy off their website and pick it up from there as I only live half an hour away.

Thirdly, I saw before Pitpro and DHZ will give discounts to Mini Riders members, anyone know how much this could possibly be?

And finally, is there that much of a difference between the Pitpro and DHZ bikes? and is the DHZ that much better as everyone makes out it to be? As there is a $150 premium on the DHZ, though if I have to pay postage on the Pitpro then its only $50.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Regards,
Kristian

Well that gives me confidence, did you have to do anything special to get the bike in the car? Was it in the boot or back seats?

I have read that thread, that's why I'm not looking at any of the cheap TDR, Lei Moto or Atomik bikes. And is why i was considering the DHZ as its got free postage compared to the Pitpro which is $100, so the price difference is only $50.

Thanks for the quick response.

well it was a bit of a mission.. removed the back seats(so fold them down maybe) and loosened the bars and unbolted tthe back shock so the wheel was almost touching the gaurd the from wheel was in the foot well....hahahahaha

or you could take this approach. .http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/8139-bike-transport-car-pics-51.html

second picture down

but im thinking if you put the front wheel between the front seats should do the trick.... maybe...lol

Last edited:
Wow, that's almost too much effort to do, but I'd believe the falcon wagon would have a bigger boot then a Getz. I'm hoping it will just be take the front wheel off, lower the bars and slide it in.

Thanks for the link

Most of the pitbike question have been asked and answer here -->> http://www.miniriders.com/mini-chat/29627-bike-your-budget-no-more-bike-should-i-buy-threads.html

One of my mates use to put his CRF70 across the back seat of his commodore sedan.. or you could just get a motow carrier but its gunna cost about half the cost of the bike itself your hauling

motow-led-lights.jpg

As I said, I have read that review of the bikes, I'm not so much asking which is the better bike, as I know the DHZ is a better bike, its just the difference in price I'm considering.

I have seen those carriers, the only problem is I don't have the type of tow ball to support one of those, plus the price is rather steep! I'll just try and get it in the boot/back seat.

Latest posts

Back