buying new motor.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B

Reaction score
hey guys i want 2 buy a new motor for my lil beast and am wondering if this motor is a bargin for no more than $200
125cc.jpg

Engine Spec

Lifan 124cc High Performance 4 stroke engine.

Engine Model: Lifan 1P52FMI-K
Type: 4-Stroke single-cylinder, 2 Valve, SOHC air cooled
Bore & Stroke: 52.4 X 55.5mm Revs out extremely fast!
Compression ratio: 9.0 : 1
Displacement: 119.7cc 120cc Class
Max. HP: 9.0 HP @ 7,500 RPM
Max. Torque: 6.0 ftlbs @ 5,500 RPM
Valve Size: Intake 27mm Exhaust 23mm
Idle: 1,500 RPM
Starter: Kick Start
Spark plug: A7TC or NGK C6HSA
Plug Gap: .28 or 0.6-0.8mm
Ignition system: CDI (Capacitive Discharge Ignition)
Lubrication: Pressure / Splash
Oil capacity: .8L (10w-30)
Measurements: 18.5" x 11" x 11"
Weight: 51 Pounds
Heavy duty manual clutch
Gears: 4 speed
Shift Pattern: International shift pattern 1 down, 3 up stops in 4th
Primary Reduction: 3.722
Gear Ratios: 3.182/1.706/1.238/0.916
Magneto: Permanent magnetic
Voltage: 12 Volt
This engine is a Honda design using an E-22 performance head made by Lifan with molds and tooling from Honda

Complete Package Including

124cc Lifan 4 Stroke Manual Engine

Kick Starter

Gear Lever

manifold, gasket

spark plug, Front Sprocket

Gear Pattern: 1down 3up

one more question guys is this the "big valve lifan 125cc motor" every1 is talking about. if not whats the difference between them both.
CHEERS :D

That motor is a Lifan 120 monster. Yes it has the big valves. The difference between that and some of the 125's is that it has an alloy cylinder instead of cast iron. It has a stroke of 55.5mm and a 52.4mm piston. The 125 has a 54mm stroke and 54mm piston. The motors are very similar in performance and both have plenty of bolt in kits for them too. $200 good buy. That inlet manifold though is too small, so get a 25mm one and 26mm mikuni and she'll rip right out of the box.

I've been looking at these too.

Hey did you sell your bike? Great not to have to look at it anymore :D

Also I have bought off that seller and he was very prompt and professional.

just remember most motors on ebay dont have any warranties or if they do theres stupid crap about qualified mechanic must install or warranty is void, i advise you get ALL the info regarding warranty first

Only a disadvantage if you want to race the engine or install inner rotor kit. Can still do it, just need billet clutch housing. I actually suspect these crank mounted setups have stronger gearboxes. Just a theory from observation and reports on other forums. I'll be diving into both boxes in the near future and will post what I find. I will be racing one of these 125's and am building it to pull hard, not rev madly. The motor will be nice and reliable. The big cams for these can destroy top ends at high revs.

Mack said:
Only a disadvantage if you want to race the engine or install inner rotor kit. Can still do it, just need billet clutch housing. I actually suspect these crank mounted setups have stronger gearboxes. Just a theory from observation and reports on other forums. I'll be diving into both boxes in the near future and will post what I find. I will be racing one of these 125's and am building it to pull hard, not rev madly. The motor will be nice and reliable. The big cams for these can destroy top ends at high revs.

will be good to know what can be done with the box as i would mod mine just so i can start it in gear wit clutch in, not that its a big prob just somethin im used to doing

IS THIS A BETTER ENGINE THAN THE OTHER LIFAN? I LIKE THE 4 UP GEARBOX http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&rd=1
THE OTHER MOTOR COMES WITH ALOT MORE EG: MANIFOLD, COIL (GASKETS), CDI, FRONT SPROCKET AND LEVERS. HELP ME DECIDE PEOPLE

Now if any importers are reading this...that engine is equally if not the best import motor you could be importing. Post it to OS forums and get opinions if you need evidence. It has everything the best Jialing has and more. 10mm longer barrel so can run bigger stroked cranks. Wide stud spacing so can be bored very big. And 27/23 valves so can suck like a demon. 4 up shift drum. Clutch on the primary shaft. Nice shiny cases. Make a killing selling these. Many Honda parts are interchangeable and hop up kits already available.

Mack said:
Now if any importers are reading this...that engine is equally if not the best import motor you could be importing. Post it to OS forums and get opinions if you need evidence. It has everything the best Jialing has and more. 10mm longer barrel so can run bigger stroked cranks. Wide stud spacing so can be bored very big. And 27/23 valves so can suck like a demon. 4 up shift drum. Clutch on the primary shaft. Nice shiny cases. Make a killing selling these. Many Honda parts are interchangeable and hop up kits already available.
all correct^^ very well said, these engines are the real deal.

125fanger said:
hey dirt bikes & pocketbikes, hav u sold ur orion and is the motor going into the orion? r u still ghetting that bike off lilscottie?
didnt sell my orion i felt slack as it was my very first REAL motorbike. so i bought a new frame for my orion its the real deal alloy and fully braced its identical to the 06 motovert frame but silver. no im not getting the bike off scottie ive decided to make a very unique performing and looking orion/atomik. will post pix later of recent mods ive done. :D

also im happy that this is the one of the best motors i can get because this old ducar isnt doing enough for me. my standards ar high :)

cheers cya guys
ps: thanks 4 the help every1

i got that 120 wif chrome cases recons hes only got 4 left till gets more in there was a lot of shavings inside magnetic oil drain bolt wouldnt hurt if can get also the valve retainer nuts were cranked to melt down apart from that it all looks sweat. sum 1 got links to speed bits for this engine thanks.

Latest posts

Back